Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alta Shutters

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like this financing issue is a problem for more than just Alta. According to an article in Motorcycle Consumer News (page 9, November issue), the 10-year old American motorcycle builder Motus has had to cease their operations after the company's financial backers pulled out.

And speaking of the November issue of Motorcycle Consumer News, they have a full road test of a 2018 Zero DSR in that issue, although the article does contain some inaccuracies - as is typical when most monthly motorcycle publications review electric motorcycles.
    Last edited by Richard230; 3 Weeks Ago at 0609.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    the article does contain some inaccuracies - as is typical when most monthly motorcycle publications review ------- motorcycles.
    I fixed that for you.

I've dropped all my subscriptions (I used to regularly subscribe to 10-20 magazines) except to Road Racing World because they have the best data panels in tests. When journalists (some of them with the title "technical editor") with over 40 years of experience put clearly wrong stuff (that when called on about the error admit they do know the right information) into articles with what appears to be a "our readers don't know the difference, it doesn't matter" attitude, there's not much reason for me to give them my money.

That comment "our readers don't know the difference, it doesn't matter" is an actual response I received from a writer when I questioned him about an error in an article.

cheers,
    Michael

3. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a few more words regarding Alta shutting down production. It sure sounds like H-D greased their skids:
    https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...r-the-memories
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's no new information in that story other than they posted "Thank You" on their Facebook page.
    Power in Flux: The History of Electric Motorcycles
    www.powerinflux.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12