Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Questions about proper accessory components for a 60V system

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Functional Artist View Post
    All due respect, but I think these systems are a little different than the systems your used to working with too.

It may be like that on them thousand dollar controllers. (they may have a DC to DC voltage reducer built in, for the signals, but I don't think so)

All of signals on these small Chinese controllers are "pack voltage".

On the 24VDC YC31 speed controller, all of the outputs are 24VDC. http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38841
    So, for the brake light I wired (2) 12VDC bulbs in series.

On my 48VDC Torsk kart all of the out puts are 48VDC. http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38905
    For the brake light on this one I could have wired (4) bulbs in series, but instead I "rigged up" a voltage divider.
    Partially correct. I've done anything from 24V e-bike controllers, to Kelly controllers, to Curtis and Sevcon controllers all the way up to Rinehart PM100DXR's. It's just been a long time since I've seen a controller like this one, designed so poorly.

I did look at that controller. There's some schematics online where people reverse engineered them, and yes, they're 60V as soon as you turn things on (except throttle input), which is a very poor design. They have a 12V and 5V regulator inside there, they're just not using them for anything other than internal circuitry.

Key switch is 60V
    Brake light output is 60V
    Indicator light is 60V
    Brake switch looks like 60V
    Throttle is 5V on pin 1

In the end, as Ted said: You get what you pay for.
    Last edited by frodus; 3 Hours Ago at 1205.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123