Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: World's first electric e-bike "scrambler"

Post Thanks / Like

World's first electric e-bike "scrambler"

Here is the latest big e-bike idea, an electric "scrambler". The "World's first". Kind of like a heavy electric mountain bike. But I do like the seat. Not a bad price for an e-bike, considering what you are getting in the way of a chassis and power train, though.

It is amazing how many random electric vehicles are being introduced on the internet. It will be even more amazing if more than a few of these big ideas ever make money for their inventors. https://electricmotorcycles.news/sur...ambler-e-bike/
    Last edited by Richard230; 4 Days Ago at 0719.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not a terrible design, but claiming "world's first" is some pretty bold marketing. As in "look out, don't step in the marketing".

3. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add furyphoto on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandres View Post
    It's not a terrible design, but claiming "world's first" is some pretty bold marketing. As in "look out, don't step in the marketing".
    It's also NOT a Scrambler, That part is apparently "marketing" too.

It's the world's first Electric Scrambler in the same way the Rumble is the world's first Electric Cafe Racer.
    Last edited by furyphoto; 1 Day Ago at 0020. Reason: apostrophe'd my possessives
    -Andrew

http://www.andrewdoran.com
    mail(at)andrewdoran.com

My ElMoto Project "Electric Hurricane" - 1987 Honda CBR600 F1: Check out my Build ALBUM
    My ICE Cafe Racer Project "My Precious" - 1983 Honda CM400 Classic

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh for the love of ****.

It's not even remotely reminiscent of a scrambler. What a load of shit. It's also ugly as ****. There are also several other bikes that have been around for years that are just like it if not better. Stealth, for one. https://www.stealthelectricbikes.com...h-b-52-bomber/

THIS is a ****ing scrambler:

"Created by international award winning motorcycle designer Michael Uhlarik, the SURU Scrambler aims to expand the potential market for powered two wheelers. “There are so many people who love the look and feel of cafe racer and dirt tracker style motorcycles” observed Uhlarik. "

First, Michael of all people should know better, but I've had my issues with stuff he's said and done with Amarok. (He's been nothing but a perfect gentleman to me, though. But shit, Mike, just stop it.)

Second, if I hear some numbnuts refer to almost anything they want as a "cafe bike" I think my head is gonna essplode.
    Last edited by Ted Dillard; 16 Hours Ago at 0502.
    Power in Flux: The History of Electric Motorcycles
    www.powerinflux.com

6. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I grew up in the 1960-70's (I'm an old fart) and I always thought a cafe racer was any street legal "race bike" modified from anything... anything goes... no modification restrictions whatsoever. When I think of "scramblers", I think of Hare and Hound Enduros (sometimes called Scramblers) of yesteryear. The kind of races Steve McQueen is famous for, and my good old friend Roger Langevin used to compete with. Those were the days!
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Ugly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm about as old as you are.

Everything I can say about cafe bikes is here: https://evmc2.wordpress.com/2013/03/...nd-obsessions/
    Power in Flux: The History of Electric Motorcycles
    www.powerinflux.com

10. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    We never limited Cafe bikes just to Ducatis only. An example of an exceptional Cafe bike could be a modified Honda 400-4 Supersport, or any of the Honda 4 cylinder supersport family could be cafe bikes with the right handlebars or clip-ons, 1/4 fairing, solo seat, rear sets, exhaust, carb and suspension mods, drilled out everything! We've come along way since the 70's!!

There would be any number of different make and model cafe bikes parked at the Rock Store or Newcomb's Ranch every Sunday morning. Some of them were amazing too!
    Last edited by Stevo; 3 Hours Ago at 1826.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2