Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soyachips’ Electric FZR250

Post Thanks / Like
    I ran some numbers for different battery options and based range on 60Wh/km. Let me know if anything looks horribly wrong. The cost I’ve used for the Leaf batteries is probably way too low as I can’t even find any in Australia! NOTE the costs are all in AUD

Last edited by soyachips; 4 Weeks Ago at 0356.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also the motor arrived today and nervously checked to make sure the custom axle fits into the swingarm and thankfully it does!

Next steps are to install the brake and work out an adapter plate to attach the bike’s original brake rotor to the motor. Also need to make up some blocks to hold the axle in the swingarm and some kind of bracket to hold all of this so I can do some bench testing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Received the bike last week and started removing the ICE related bits that I won't be needing. One thing that I didn't expect to find was the coolant runs through the frame of the bike. There's a bolt on the lowest part of the frame used to drain the coolant out which I've done but now I'm wondering if the inside of the frame might start rusting without the coolant to protect it. Does anyone have any experience with this or thoughts on whether or not it could be an issue?

Post Thanks / Like
    In my excitement to get started, I forgot to weigh the front and back to get the weight distribution of the original bike before taking it apart

So after putting everything except the seat and fairings back on and picking up a couple of bathroom scales from Bunnings, I now have the numbers

Front: 69.0 kg
    Rear: 71.4 kg

5. Likes Stevo, Richard230, Spoonman liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12