Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FS near Dallas: Conversion Kit - GSX600F, GBS 60Ah 72V, BMS, D&D Motor, Controller...

Post Thanks / Like

SOLD: Rolling Chassis Suzuki Katana GSX600F

All items are sold. Thanks for your interest.

Only the rolling chassi remains and I need it gone ASAP:

- Suzuki Katana GSX600F rolling chassis, clear rebuilt title in hand and I had it previously registered

Component Description

Photos

Documentation

Alex Hausman
    903-two one seven-1156
    alexanderhausman at gmail dot com

$350 OBO
    Last edited by ahaus; 2 Weeks Ago at 1707. Reason: Sold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Price drop! $2,000 OBO.

Make this project yours at a fraction of what the components cost individually. The hard part of getting the bike titled/registered is already done for you. Reach out and let's make a deal!

Post Thanks / Like
    My kit has had some interest but is still available. Make it yours before its gone. I will sell this in the next month so make any offer and we'll deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump. Make an offer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I am a rookie in this thing so please take my advice with several grains of salt. I do not think that all of your parts work together.

I believe that your motor is a separately excited motor only rated at 48 volts. I think that 72v might let the magic smoke escape. The controller looks nice, but I believe that it was used on the brushless Perm 120 motors in the Brammo Enertia bikes. I am not entirely certain that it will work with that motor.

You'd probably be better off with a part out. You seem to have an impressive list of components, but as far as I know, there may be problems putting it together.
    Last edited by Lionstrike; 4 Weeks Ago at 2035. Reason: Technical Correction

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionstrike View Post
    Hi,

I am a rookie in this thing so please take my advice with several grains of salt. I do not think that all of your parts work together.

I believe that your motor is a separately excited motor only rated at 48 volts. I think that 72v might let the magic smoke escape. The controller looks nice, but I believe that it was used on the brushless Perm 120 motors in the Brammo Enertia bikes. I am not entirely certain that it will work with that motor.

You'd probably be better off with a part out. You seem to have an impressive list of components, but as far as I know, there may be problems putting it together.
    Sigma makes both Sepex and some AC drives. In his links, he lists out the model of the controller (SET835M, SET I think stands for Separately Excited Traction). He states it was programmed by Barefoot Motors. I know that Barefoot used the Sigma Drive controllers on their ATV, and that Brammo was right down the street and there was some talking between the groups. Not surprised that the same brand controller was used in the Enertia.

Also, at 72V, the motor is fine, even possibly to higher voltage. It's wound specifically for 48V, but can tolerate 72V. Barefoot tested this with their 72V pack quite extensively if I recall correctly.

This is back maybe 2008/2009 or so.
    Last edited by frodus; 4 Weeks Ago at 0849.
    Travis

Post Thanks / Like
    Travis,

Thanks for the validation. In my links I also mentioned Dave from Alaska who used this motor at 72V successfully. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

I am serious about getting this put in good hands with someone that can afford the time to put it together.

That being the case I'm willing to let it go for pennies on the dollar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shall I assume, then, that you're not willing to ship the components? I PM'd you several days ago with no response at all.

My project is ready to go … just looking for all the guts to put into it

IMG_5575.jpg
    Last edited by JohnCTheobald; 4 Weeks Ago at 0927.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCTheobald View Post
    Shall I assume, then, that you're not willing to ship the components? I PM'd you several days ago with no response at all.

My project is ready to go … just looking for all the guts to put into it

IMG_5575.jpg
    PM sent, John. I reconfigured my PM settings to receive email notifications. Sorry to have missed your note.

Post Thanks / Like
    Only the rolling chassis remains. I'm asking $350 but really just need it gone so make your best offer and come get in on the East side of DFW.