Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What I've been working on: Palatov D2EV

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter

What I've been working on: Palatov D2EV

It's been an exciting year or two for me. I sold my Brammo Empulse in 2018 to make room for a Model 3. The Model 3 took too long and I ended up with a Chevy Volt last December. Then, early this year, I decided to quit my job at Leviton to work full time in the EV industry. I was approached by 2 local companies, EVDrive and Rinehart Motion. Ultimately I took the Rinehart Motion job during their acquisition by BorgWarner. At the same time Rinehart was acquired, AMRacing was also acquired and both companies were combined into one and renamed Cascadia Motion.

The hiring processes took a while, and my manager-to-be asked if I was interested in helping out with a project. Last year, Palatov, Rinehart and EVDrive began a project to build an electric hypercar. I gladly accepted and went over to Palatov to volunteer for about week before I started officially.

In the last 4 months, I've spent many long days updating schematics, specifying parts, wiring the car, adding functionality and programming the DC-DC, charger, BMS and uploading code to the VCU. We've got a great team and I'm happy to have gotten the chance to work on such an exciting project.

Now, the cat is out of the bag and the car is now at Pikes Peak and just passed Tech inspection. We'll be racing this Sunday to the top of Pikes Peak. It looks like a Zero SR-F, University of Nottingham UoN-PP, RIT Electric Vehicle Team REV 2 and the TEAM MIRAI Mark Coverdale IdatenX HC will be there to represent Electric Vehicles. I don't see any other EV Cars.

And here's some great blog posts by Dennis Palatov about the D2EV:
    http://www.dpcars.net/d2x/index.htm

Anyway, here's pics of the car we built, and a few pictures of the development along the way:
    [IMG]http://elmoto.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=8343&d=1561405285

Attached Images Attached Images
    Travis

2. Likes flo, Stevo, Nicman, Spoonman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow
    awesome good luck at pp.

flo

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    Very very cool Trav.... Have you driven it?
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.3
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    I've been in it, but the driving has lately been for testing at race-speeds and I've not been part of the testing crew. I'm just the electron-herder.
    Travis

6. Likes Stevo, Nicman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frodus View Post
    It's been an exciting year or two for me. I sold my Brammo Empulse in 2018 to make room for a Model 3. The Model 3 took too long and I ended up with a Chevy Volt last December. Then, early this year, I decided to quit my job at Leviton to work full time in the EV industry. I was approached by 2 local companies, EVDrive and Rinehart Motion. Ultimately I took the Rinehart Motion job during their acquisition by BorgWarner. At the same time Rinehart was acquired, AMRacing was also acquired and both companies were combined into one and renamed Cascadia Motion.

The hiring processes took a while, and my manager-to-be asked if I was interested in helping out with a project. Last year, Palatov, Rinehart and EVDrive began a project to build an electric hypercar. I gladly accepted and went over to Palatov to volunteer for about week before I started officially.

In the last 4 months, I've spent many long days updating schematics, specifying parts, wiring the car, adding functionality and programming the DC-DC, charger, BMS and uploading code to the VCU. We've got a great team and I'm happy to have gotten the chance to work on such an exciting project.

Now, the cat is out of the bag and the car is now at Pikes Peak and just passed Tech inspection. We'll be racing this Sunday to the top of Pikes Peak. It looks like a Zero SR-F, University of Nottingham UoN-PP, RIT Electric Vehicle Team REV 2 and the TEAM MIRAI Mark Coverdale IdatenX HC will be there to represent Electric Vehicles. I don't see any other EV Cars.

And here's some great blog posts by Dennis Palatov about the D2EV:
    http://www.dpcars.net/d2x/index.htm

Anyway, here's pics of the car we built, and a few pictures of the development along the way:
    [IMG]http://elmoto.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=8343&d=1561405285

Is that a AMR dual core?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Nope , it's Cascadia Motion, haha.

AMR was purchased by BorgWarner and is now part of Cascadia Motion (my employer), along with Rinehart Motion Systems.

But yes, It's a Dual Core HVH250 going to the rear wheels through a differential, and a single core going to the front differential!
    Travis

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Also, the big news:

The Cascadia Motion and Palatov Motorsport D2EV placed 2nd in the unlimited class and 9th overall at the 2019 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb with a time of 9:55:011. Thanks to the entire team and to Greg Tracy for this amazing accomplishment. Congrats to everyone who made this possible!

66078464_458046878328612_6109667407503032320_o.jpg
    Travis

10. Likes Frank, Stevo, Spoonman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's outstanding dude - delighted for you. Sounds like an awesome project to be involved with.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    It was fun, and still is.

We're setting up the car for something else upcoming, so stay tuned!
    Travis

Post Thanks / Like
    Gratulations
    i have been on the lookout for yt vids of this run.
    Amazing car!!

greets

flo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast