Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Chinese charging stations

Post Thanks / Like

Chinese charging stations

An article in the business section of my newspaper yesterday, published by Bloomberg News, is titled: "China moves ahead of U.S. about 8-1 in building chargers for electric vehicles". The article states that: "There are almost as many places to charge your electric vehicle in Beijing as there are in the entire United States."

According to the article, China is considering establishing a target that 60% for all automobiles sold by 2035 will be electric powered. By 2040 China's electric fleet may increase to 162 million vehicles, as forecasted by BloombergNEE.

The nation is building at least 20 "EV towns" for carmakers and ancillary industries and it spent more than $30 billion subsidizing EV sales. China accounts for more than half of global EV sales.

By the end of last month China had 466,101 public charging points, according to the China Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Promotion Alliance. That includes more than 54,000 charging stations in Beijing alone. By comparison, there were 60,652 electric stations in the U.S. as of June 25, according to BNEF. California has the most of any state with 19,000 total, or about the same amount as China adds in an average month.

Globally, there could be as many as 20 million public charging points installed by 2030, the International Energy Agency forecasts.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

2. Likes EVcycle liked this post
    Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    I see it as a necessity with the size of their population... the smog/air quality there is already pretty bad and only a small percentage of the population actually has a car.
    But as their middle class grows, so does car ownership.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.3
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, I read an article in my newspaper today that said that they were still generating most of their electricity with coal-powered plants. The Chinese are going to have to something about that, but using a lot more electricity for transportation isn't going to make that easy.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe they are moving forward with renewables at a rapid pace but they are so big it won't happen overnight. And charging ev's with fossil fuel generated electrons will still generate less pollutants than driving with ICE's.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk