Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from Brazil

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow ShadowNightmares On Twitter Add ShadowNightmares on Facebook
    Visit ShadowNightmares's Youtube Channel

Hello from Brazil

Hello, good morning/afternoon/evening for everyone as well.

My name is Deusimar, i'm from Brazil. I had interest in signing up for this forum (and others) because in the last years i had A BIG desire in making for myself a vehicle to recreational use when possible, but the money and the jobs that would accept my degrees are hard to be found around here (even way before this virus), so i always keep those projects stopped in the "idea" part of the process.

First i had my focus on gas-powered karts (because motorcycle engines are easier to find and have enough power to move fast, but can be let in 1st or 2nd gear for a small place, like a public terrain next to my house, that normally don't have people walking through unless its saturday morning/noon, because then its used for a street market/street fair), but slowly i began to change my focus to electric-powered vehicles, like e-Bikes, e-Skateboards and more. The idea of using electricity to run a vehicle is really cool and futuristic-looking, but unfortunately VERY expensive here.

Dollars are really expensive at the moment (1UDS-5,50BRL when writing this post), and the minimum wage here is low comparing with the federal minimum in US (7,25USD/hour - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimu..._United_States, while here its calculated by the entire month, and it's 1045BRL/190.34USD).

And the fact that here we don't find batteries (18650 from good manufacturers/Chevy Volt/Nissan LEAF/etc.), controllers (Zilla/Sabvoton/Alltrax/Curtis/Sevcon/etc.) or electric motors (Etek/Motenergy/Golden Motor/YSMOTOR/HPEVS/etc.), the import taxes being from 60% and up to 120% depending on how much the products+shipping costs, and those things together makes the idea even harder to begin the process of transform these ideas into reality, but the dream keeps being alive and daily getting stronger, because who knows what can happen that help level these difficulties not just for me, but for people on other countries as well.

Recently i've come across the GM eAssist/BAS alternators and those appeared to be good powerplants for a small project, specially the Gen1 (36V PM/field coil and aircooled), that is cheap in some places (checked with car-part(dot)net, but even if i had the money i don't know how to send it from there to my home without going to USA, but that is a idea in progress.

Thank you if you read my whole post, and have a good day/night.

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    Welcome to the forum.
    Maybe someday our federal reserve will pull their heads out from their asses and look around long enough to see what pain they've created around the world.
    But since every nation on Earth has a central bank, like the federal reserve, everybody is chained to fake money.
    Start saving up some Bitcoin and hopefully your dreams will become reality. That's what I'm doing.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.3
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow ShadowNightmares On Twitter Add ShadowNightmares on Facebook
    Visit ShadowNightmares's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Start saving up some Bitcoin and hopefully your dreams will become reality. That's what I'm doing.
    Well, i wouldn't say that i never tried to save bitcoin or other digital coins, because i have 0,084668USD/0.00034546 BCH(bitcoin cash), but i don't have any means to get more, so i'm stuck with this small quantity.