Hello fellow users from ElMoto.net, i hope that y'all are safe in those times.
And for the admins/mods, if you find something in this post that its against the rules, please warn me so i can delete the thread, i don't want problems or being banned.

In the last months i was studying about alternative brands and/or alternative power systems (going away from common brands, like Lynch/Agni/Revolt/Motenergy/etc.), and i saw the threads on the eAssist induction motor here ( by user Nuts & Volts, and more results from e-vektor ), and in Endless-Sphere ( by e-vektor as well ), and i loved the idea to use one of those mild hybrid motors to power an small EV project.

But then i saw the price of the Curtis AC induction controllers and that was a problem, because i'm not looking for a hyper project, with high voltage (100V+ nominal), dozens of kW continuous and peak values many times bigger than it, nor looking for neck-snapping torque or lots of speed, so i began to search for less demanding power plants, and then i found the "world" of conversion, from standard alternators to brushless motors with separated excitation, being "good enough" for ebikes ( by user CNCmachiningisfun ), small karts ( those 3 karts (kettcar, razor dune buggy and a common kart chassis, made by Tchangly21 ), a dirt bike ( by Tchangly21 as well ), and even a drift trike/power wheels hybrid ( by Fixitmoditbreakit ).

Normally when i see tests of the people using those alternators (12V 70-140AMP ones), normally they can keep between 1kW and 2kW continuously, and the builds with beefier controllers getting up to almost 4kW peak at 60V, and that's not bad for my idea, but a bit more power won't hurt. And a bit after that was the time where i saw the first generation of the eAssist mild hybrid system, called BAS, used on Saturn Aura/Vue Green Line, and Chevy Malibu Hybrid (from 2007-2010).

This system is a 36V "alternator" coupled at the 2.4L engine, that can output 4-10kW to the engine crank using the belt (the disparity in values occurs because in some websites they say that the system can output 4kW as motor and 5kW as regen for the NiMH battery, and others says that the system can output and regen close to 10kW), and 110ft-lb of torque (that i believe this is over the engine crank's pulley, after a 2,5:1 or 3:1 reduction by the pulley's sizes, being the correct value between 36ft-lb and 44ft-lb at the motor's pulley).

If the smaller values of 4kW are correct, this means that the motor can handle ~110A peaks at 36V for a time, and if the bigger values are correct, the current values are even bigger (~277A peak at the same 36V nominal/42V battery pack), making this "odd" piece of equipment good for a small project. Since recently i saw youtubers installing hall sensors on standard alternators, installing those same hall sensors in this BAS motor would allow the possibility of using programmable BLDC controllers (Kelly Controller/Sabvoton/Votol/etc.). And if common 12V alternators can run in 48V while used as motors, probably the 36V BAS alternator can run at 72V, or even 96V, allowing to stay below the 110A "limit" and giving more RPM range.

Still speaking of the BAS alternator, there's a thread on Endless-Sphere from 2011( by user AcuteAero ), where he buys and opens the BAS alternator and showing his internals, inclusing the different idea of using BOTH magnets and an electromagnetic coil at the rotor, "hybridizing" the standard alternators' claw pole rotor with coils, together with the PM alternator's rotor, but unfortunately he never updated the post with tests or any other information.

I wanted to just "bite the bullet" and get someone to ship one of these motors directly from the stores to me, so that i can get more things (controller and sensors) and test it, but the shipping is 2,5-4x more expensive than the motor because of the weight and of the international shipping, and because of my current unemployment (and because of the C-virus not letting me able to get a fixed job, only temp. jobs around my neighbourhood), i'm not capable of bringing one to my country now, but i was hoping that, maybe bringing some light for this motor, someone could get interested in it as well, testing for themselves and growing the list of informations about it, just like people made with the Hyunday HSG motor, and the eAssist motor. A quick search in the car-part(dot)net website shows that this motor can be found from 45US$ and up, some of them being close to 200US$ as well, but only found in USA and Canada, not in other countries.