Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We made an in-depth Harley Davidson Live wire review

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Electric Cowboy on Facebook Add Electric Cowboy on MySpace
    Add Electric Cowboy on Linkedin Visit Electric Cowboy's Youtube Channel

Talking We made an in-depth Harley Davidson Live wire review

It is super long, but I think the content makes it entertaining and full of good info for you all. It was A LOT of work!

The youtube description has a table of contents so you can skip around if you want to view certain stuff. Also, the video time bar (scrubber) has markings showing what is where as well.

I hope it is entertaining and educational. Enjoy!

2. Likes Richard230, flo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice and honest review. Thanks for your effort to find out all about this bike.

6 Years to develop another model as unreliable as all their others. Well done Harley.
    Inconsistent charging, crappy handlebar layout,understeer, unconfy and overpriced, just sounds like your average useless HD.
    Get an energica for less, charge twice as fast, propper handling and layout.. unless you are a hardcore HD driving dentist like the rest of them of course.
    Sorry for being so blunt but there seems no reason anyone in his right mind would be willing to spend their cash on this.
    Just my take on it..

greets

flo

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Everyone will have their own cake, I enjoy very powerful bikes. The Harley qualifies as a very powerful bike. I unfortunately qualify as a poor person, so I can't have it.

It is a good bike and acceptable. I wouldn't fault anyone for buying it if they had the money.

all that said I do think the energica is a way better value proposition for price, not to mention it does have more power, more top speed, and even faster charging on the 13.4 kilowatt hour battery model which is the one that I have.

Nonetheless though, this Harley might be the right bike for someone. It isn't bad, just lots of little knit picks.

If you check out the channel and watch the lightning videos, where we review the lightning strike, that is a bad bike, that is a bike I would fault people for buying after I have made the review on it. That is a bike that I think the manufacturer should go to jail for making, as well as for lying about. So the Harley after reviewing the lightning seems like a wonderful bike, even if I don't like the company because they put mission motors and Alta out of business.

As I am performing this voice to text response, I have realized the Harley really is a mixed bag. It's not a terrible bike it's actually a pretty good bike, but the company making it is a bit questionable at this point. since they are actually making a real motorcycle that people can buy and ride today, that gives them a step in the right direction. This is enough for me to cut them some slack and wait and watch to see if they turn into a a reasonable electric motorcycle provider. Perhaps they are turning a new leaf with this, who knows, I am not a patient person, but I will wait and watch this because I think it is good enough to be worth it.

Apologies of some of this doesn't make sense it was just stream of thought that I spoke into my phone.

Thank you so much for your reply, I hope you enjoy more of our content!
    Last edited by Electric Cowboy; 24 May 2020 at 1048. Reason: Voice to text misspelling

Post Thanks / Like
    What with Harley's financial situation this year, I wonder if they will continue to produce the Livewire and market it this year? A recent report that I read said that their motorcycle production would be way down this year and 70% of their dealers would not be receiving any new bikes. The report also said that they would only be producing premium (and expensive) models this year, so that might include the Livewire if they get any orders for it from their dealers.

I should add that I really enjoyed your Livewire review Electric Cowboy. I look forward to any future reviews on whatever electric motorcycles that you can get your hands on.
    Last edited by Richard230; 24 May 2020 at 1151.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

It is possible. I don't have any insider information right now. What I have gleaned through Morgan's research though, is that HDs EV team looks like it will be sticking around.

Also, I believe the interim CEO may have accepted the position, not 100% on that. I hate speculation, but I don't have all the real data yet. Also, IF I remember correctly, that interim CEO was head of HDs sustainability and greener departments... I'm not 100% on this info though, so research it before regurgitating to anyone Incase I am mistaken.

If I am mistaken, and you have a desire to research, please also share here so I and others know the data. Links so we can each also read with our own unique perspectives would be awesome.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Electric Cowboy; 24 May 2020 at 1157. Reason: Typo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Cowboy View Post

....., just lots of little knit picks.

....This is enough for me to cut them some slack and wait and watch .....

!

Hi,
    i agree with you that in times like these (at the start of transformation to electric transportation) its a step forward and is to be honored. So one can and should cut them some slack.

That said though, i would not call understeer knit picking, especially on a premium priced product. Maybe i am not a brilliant rider, but within my 30 years of biking i have yet to ride a japanese
    bike, at half/third price understeers notably.
    To me this sounds like a design flaw within frame/rake, .../geometry which shows their design/test team clearly not being worth their wages.

UNLESS this is so little, that only a very eperienced rider will notice it in extreme conditions (aka on track). IN this case it was not comunicated well in the video and i am to apologise.

Inconsitant charging on the other hand is a complete NO-GO on any comercial battery powered product and , at least i would call that laughable for a premium product after 6 years r&d.
    Heck even my 19Euro electric tooth brush charges reliably after 3 years of use.

greets

flo

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is an entertaining video blog regarding Harley Davidson's troubles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOwxxsPaogY

I have seen one or two financial H-D report articles recently and they were not too positive regarding their sales this year. I think I might have seen something recently on motorcycle.com.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    How exactly is HD responsible for putting Mission and Alta out of business?
    I'm not a HD fanboy, and will never be a Harley owner, but it seems to me that Alta and Mission put themselves out of business.

If you ever do a test of one of these https://electrek.co/2019/03/05/motor...e-brand-fuell/, please post here. Nice work.
    Last edited by Stevo; 25 May 2020 at 0903.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.4
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    I now recall where I heard the latest information regarding H-D. It was from a CBS radio business news reporter. He said last week that H-D would be opening up one or more of their factories for limited production this week, but that 70% of their dealers would not be receiving new motorcycles this year. He also mentioned that H-D would be concentrating on the upper end of their product line, so that might include the Livewire if they get orders from their dealers, I assume.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    How exactly is HD responsible for putting Mission and Alta out of business?
    I'm not a HD fanboy, and will never be a Harley owner, but it seems to me that Alta and Mission put themselves out of business.

If you ever do a test of one of these https://electrek.co/2019/03/05/motor...e-brand-fuell/, please post here. Nice work.

So HD and those companies had some unfortunate business dealings where the smaller electric companies did not protect themselves, and ended up damaged to the point of death after trying to work with HD.

Morgan and I spoke to Erik about the Fuell last year. We could probably do a video chat with him about it if you guys were interested.

12. Likes N/A liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast