Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World's first: Pizza Cooked by Electric Motorcycle & Siphon

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Electric Cowboy on Facebook Add Electric Cowboy on MySpace
    Add Electric Cowboy on Linkedin Visit Electric Cowboy's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    So how many watts does the converter provide?
    I was looking into building a solar array to charge my bike and run an automated greenhouse and some other water and led lighting features,
    so I checked into solar inverters and grid tie-ins/battery chargers. Just curious about price and power output.
    When you do go solar, that would be a good video project as well.
    Right now it is 8kW continuous, 10kW peak.

2. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Cowboy View Post
    Right now it is 8kW continuous, 10kW peak.
    Wow! That sounds like a lot to me. Why would anyone need any more power than that? I think I could run my entire home, which does have a lot of gas appliances, on 2kW, maybe less.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    ???
    2000 watts barely runs a blender. Hell, my Kuerig uses 1400 watts just to make a cup of coffee. Add a refrigerator/freezer and other appliances and 2K watts is nowhere near what Im using.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.4
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    ???
    2000 watts barely runs a blender. Hell, my Kuerig uses 1400 watts just to make a cup of coffee. Add a refrigerator/freezer and other appliances and 2K watts is nowhere near what Im using.
    My 30-year old refrigerator uses 150 watts when it is running. No doubt my dishwasher uses more than that, but I only operate that once every couple of weeks. I do 2 loads of laundry a week and my dryer, furnace and stove all run on natural gas. My lights are all LED and I don't think my TV or computer use all that much power, either. I also have a microwave, toaster and hot pot, but those are only used maybe once a day for a few minutes each. My most recent electric bill shows my power consumption for the month to be 168 kWh.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    I have a friend who is really big on cooking pizzas. He uses an electric oven that operates at 950 degrees F and cooks his homemade pizzas on a pizza stone. He tells me that he would never use that pizza appliance to fry a pie.
    To be honest we didn't plan to eat it, we were just planning it to be a prop and expected it to be terrible. The fact that it was edible was just a plus

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    My 30-year old refrigerator uses 150 watts when it is running. No doubt my dishwasher uses more than that, but I only operate that once every couple of weeks. I do 2 loads of laundry a week and my dryer, furnace and stove all run on natural gas. My lights are all LED and I don't think my TV or computer use all that much power, either. I also have a microwave, toaster and hot pot, but those are only used maybe once a day for a few minutes each. My most recent electric bill shows my power consumption for the month to be 168 kWh.
    Our shop runs on <700 watts most of the time even with all of our computers going.

also the standard wall outlet will only do 1100 to 1500 watts. So blenders do not take 2kW to run unless it is an industrial 240vac blender. Even most space heaters are about 1500 watts. Also, there is a difference between Peak spikes and continuous. The average house only has spikes of 6-7kW for very short periods, and only when we are being particularly first world.

Most of our country is also pretty wasteful, check out the data from the Energy Information Administration.
    https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=97&t=3

8. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    Jucuzzi, electric clothes dryer and washing machine, welders, table saw and other power tools, my woman's tanning bed.... man you guys don't know how to consume energy LMAO
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.4
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12