Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Should I source the battery & motor first before choosing frame? I'm a Noob to ev b

Post Thanks / Like

Should I source the battery & motor first before choosing frame? I'm a Noob to ev b

Since, locally I am limited to few suppliers (for motor,battery & controller).
    Shouldnt I be figuring out the dimensions & weight of availabile battery & other parts before designing or rebuilding a frame?

I welcome all your advice/comments based on your EV building experience .

How did you plan your project from scratch?
    I'm a total noob to ev building, Expecting you comments

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely buy your battery last.

The rest of it you can buy as you choose but batteries are changing all the time and the project is likely to take you at least a year before you're anywhere close to adding power, which is plenty of time for newer and better stuff to come out, and current stuff to get cheaper.

For fitment just make a mockup of whatever you're planning to use and work with that.

3. Likes John6545 liked this post
    Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Definitely buy your battery last.

The rest of it you can buy as you choose but batteries are changing all the time and the project is likely to take you at least a year before you're anywhere close to adding power, which is plenty of time for newer and better stuff to come out, and current stuff to get cheaper.

For fitment just make a mockup of whatever you're planning to use and work with that.
    I agree with the spoonman 100%!!

If you don't already have a chassis to work with, then you'll want to decide what it is that you want to accomplish, then try and find a good deal on the best chassis for your goal.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.4
    WORX.VOR.v3.2