Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MotoCzysz D1G1TAL DR1VE D1 Revealed!!!

Not to be taken seriously DaveAK's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll take two!

Post Thanks / Like
    Two kidneys ;D
    Nah that sounds at least lower then par for for what i understand to be 100 electric horses

o_O
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why does it incorporate gear reduction and a differential? They do say it can be used in cars/trucks, but also say they used it in their motorcycles. I'm still trying to imagine how in the world someone could fit 100x 100Ah cells in a motorcycle frame

Post Thanks / Like
    you dont need that many batteries (big batteries) on a motorcycle. Just take 200 16 AH cells that can do at least 10C which gives you 320 amps max. Yea thats 220lbs, but its a much better solution than some huge TS 100AH batteries.

I love the product they've made, but its a shame they cant go to a higher voltage bc that motor would scream (100+kW continuous at 500V or so). I'm interested to see in what applications companies and people use this system.
    -Kyle
    Whats under my tank may shock you!!! R6 Build, Blog/, [/URL] OSU Current webpage

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm interested to see in what applications companies and people use this system.
    Czsyz and Bajaj, an Indian auto maker have teamed up to look at making electric cars.
    Last edited by magicsmoke; 13 November 2010 at 1507.

Not to be taken seriously DaveAK's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts & Volts View Post
    you dont need that many batteries (big batteries) on a motorcycle. Just take 200 16 AH cells that can do at least 10C which gives you 320 amps max. Yea thats 220lbs, but its a much better solution than some huge TS 100AH batteries.

I love the product they've made, but its a shame they cant go to a higher voltage bc that motor would scream (100+kW continuous at 500V or so). I'm interested to see in what applications companies and people use this system.
    -Kyle
    It already weighs 150lbs and takes up a fair amount of space compared to most electric motorcycle motors. I don't see it as a realistic powerplant for a motorcycle in this configuration.

As for 100kW @ 500V, they do say that this is just the first offering and that they're working on others. We'll just have to wait and see.

Sure is pretty though. Wish I had the money to invest in a couple to design a vehicle around.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't feel its a great departure. Isn't 75kw 100 horse. With 150 lbs of motor 22o lbs of batteries aren't the other companies selling comparable bikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why does it incorporate gear reduction and a differential?
    This system is not for motorcycles, it is designed for electric car manufacturers, giving them a self contained unit to just bolt into the chassis and connect up the axles. The battery pack design is left up to the car manufacturer to decide.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Visit SplinterOz's Youtube Channel
    been away for a weekend ride... sorry for the late entry. Frodus... understand 200A TS would be overkill I think 90s or so. However it would be nice to have range as well. The 10A headways would just not give you range.

I would like to know the details of the battery pack in their bike.... must look it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 84 TS 90 cells in my boss's fiero and I can sure tell you your not fitting those on a bike

I'm sure Travis is thinking of at least a couple of those 16ah headways in parallel. 32ah at 320+volts gives you a 10kwh pack. should be enough range for most of us.
    Very good chance my YZF600r project is going to be heading towards that voltage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast