Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  30
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: electrafunk racing

Post Thanks / Like
    evnetics2.jpgevnetics1.jpgjust put a couple of pics up in my album of EVNETICS soliton1 controller in the bike. local trck has cancelled three weeks in a row and money is tight on traveling for testing.local track is less than five miles from shop.i will have the dyno video and numbers in a few days

Post Thanks / Like
    Very Nice.....

Now time to really....play!!!!

Please keep us posted!
    EV Ed
    Never let being a responsible adult get in the way of passion and curiosity.
    Juiced Drag Racing
    Motenergy.com
    Ev album 2456, 2458, 2457, 2681, 3456, 3630

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great Jeff. It takes up a lot of space, but you have it to spare.

Post Thanks / Like

Dyno

sooo.... back from dyno and bike is still in one piece! it made 98.6 rwhp. dyno charts to follow. hope i can get some of the data from controller printed up. will post up more info as i get it. I JUST PUT UP THE VIDEOS ON U-TUBE. my channel is JEFFDISINGER
    Last edited by dice23; 22 September 2010 at 2036.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well....bike ran pretty good today. First pass 12.5 @ 104mph then the second went 11.96 @ 113mph. Then meltdown @ 800 foot mark. Brushes went away and it still ran 12.2 @ 104. The evnetics controller is awesome! Just have to figure out how to get some throttle response out of this thing. Sixty foot times are killing my et! Will asses damage in the morning and hope i did'nt do much more than that, i've got some spare parts. Be back soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to hear!!!!!
    Now that you have a really good controller, you will find any of the weak points of the bike. It an only get faster from here.

Good luck!!

E&T
    EV Ed
    Never let being a responsible adult get in the way of passion and curiosity.
    Juiced Drag Racing
    Motenergy.com
    Ev album 2456, 2458, 2457, 2681, 3456, 3630

Post Thanks / Like
    well.....have torn motor apart and have it ready to put back together today. destroyed the brushes and assembly. this little motor spins nice but gets very hot on a pass,go figure. i will be going back to larger motor this winter as i think i will go rob a bank or something to get some lithium. i have dropped 8 seconds from my e.t. in two years! this has been a long and grueling process for myself and friends.but, when i see how long it took some of the best out there,it gives me the strength to carry on. i know that the chassis i have is more than capable of reaching sub 9 second passes. i just have to push harder to try and get to the next level(in my head that is).guys like shawn lawless make me feel like there is hope.i don't think he ever sleeps! soooo..... back to the track again this weekend,and if i get this damn throttle condition figured out i should get a few more tenth's down?

Post Thanks / Like
    sent the evnetics controller back to be tweeked,got it back in the bike last night.unfortunetly they will not remove or change the built in ramp that protects on a full blast launch.the turtle like launches will not cut it in drag racing. i think this is more suited for a car. we have every thing maxed out and will head back to the track in the morning hoping to data log and find something to fix this issue with the low end. even with the slow start it is still running 11's. anybody out there running a soliton1 in anything? would love to here how someone else is doing with one.they are awesome guy's,but not up on the drag racing end of EV's. starting to get really depressed about this. i know the bike has a low 11 in it as is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that. I would think they'd be willing to do anything you want as long as you agree not to hold them responsible for your motor blowing up. I saw a few cars on DIYelectriccar that are using the Soliton 1, but I don't think anyone is drag racing. And no motorcycles at all. You may be the first.

Post Thanks / Like
    sebastien and the EVNETICS guys have been great! i did find a faulty magura throttle...anyone using something different? my poor D380 just can't take the abuse of repeated runs.it is an animal for it's size though! we think my armature shorted on my last pass and when i put a new brush assembly back in it and was not right,blue sparks...! sooo...going to clean house,new motor first!

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast