Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Interview with Azhar on Motorcyclist Radio

teddillard
    Quote Originally Posted by chdfarl View Post
    I see that and your attitude is why I said a word. There are other threads for you to read.
    Pardon me, but I started this thread. There are other threads for you to comment on... or start your own.

0-60 in 8 seconds and 65 mph ... Thats your focus is it not.
    It is not, as anyone who's taken the time to read about my build strategy would know. My strategy was to build a bike to learn about them and how to do it, so I could go on to build a better bike, which is what I'm doing. How you could say a 200lb bike with a Mars ME0709 and 40ah of LiPo is going to run like a scooter is beyond me, and just shows how little you know, or have bothered to learn about what I'm trying to do. ...or have done. See this, if you're at all interested: http://evmc2.wordpress.com/2011/01/2...things-change/

See that is why I said a word! You are quite condescending saying that ...
    My point of saying that is that there are a lot of opinions out there about builds, that vanish when you actually build a bike. Theory is one thing, experience is quite another. I get tired of people who've never even ridden an electric bike talking about how Yates or anyone else should do it. God forbid, I guess, I should point that out- that you may have something to learn.

Hes got the money to do what hes done.
    He's raised the money to do what he's done. With years of hard work.

It really isn't personal but I dont pull punches either. sorry.
    I'm sorry, too, but I doubt you can find any post on any forum anywhere that I've made a deliberate effort to insult someone or their work.

Exiting the black hole again... later, dude.
    Last edited by teddillard; 24 January 2011 at 1549.

Post Thanks / Like

"We realize that we have not answered all your questions and in most cases, our
    answers have only served to produce more questions for which we have no answers,
    leaving us as confused as before. However, (we believe) we are now confused on a
    much higher level and about much more important things than before."

1978 Suzuki GS550 - 48V 60Ah Pb-A, Alltrax 4844, Etek-RT
    1997 Suzuki Katana 600 - 18s8p (~72V, 40Ah) 30C Turnigy Lipo, Navitas 500A with D&D Sepex

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brammofan View Post
    Because the interview was recorded a few months before the new rules, when Azhar was in San Francisco at the Hollywood Electrics event. Can't remember the date off the top of my head. It actually provides some support to the theory that the Technical Advisory Panel of TTXGP changed the weight rule based on its own observations, scrutiny, etc. The Panel makes the rules, by the way, not Azhar. Check out the website at http://www.egrandprix.com/index_nav....&sub=tech_team . This is one of ways that TTXGP addressed the COI issue and was put in place long before the COI issue was initially raised by Asphalt&Rubber.
    Thanks Brammofan, your explanation concerning Azhar's comments and your comment concerning their implications raises other questions, but I'll save that for another time. I previously read the info that was contained in the link you provide and I was under the impression that the technical advisory panel's capacity is "advisory". My interpretation of their role was that they review and write the rules to make sure that the proposed rules accomplish what the author intended and that the rules conform to acceptable legal and technical standards. I guess you could say that the public, through submitting rule changes to the Wiki eGrandPrix site, is the author. Is there specific information on the eGrandPrix Wiki site that links to the Independent Technical Advisory Panel as the body that does the "filtering for practicality, cost, commercials, safety and verification" and ultimately approves the rule? The eGrandPrix site states, "the TTXGP expert independent Technical Panel will sift through the changes, suggestions, and amendments and will issue the final rules", but I don't see something similar to that on the eGrandPrix Wiki page. Since the panel was called an "technical advisory" panel in one link and a "technical panel" in another link, I viewed the word "issue" as "publish". So, to be ridiculously clear, lolz, the "Independent Technical Advisory Panel" and the "Technical Panel" are one and the same. And, this panel is the panel that the eGrandPrix Wiki rules are sent to and they review and approve the rules? Sorry, it's just that word "advisory" and that their are slightly different names of reference that messes with my mind.

Also, can you help me find the Wiki discussion page and history page for the "machine weight" rule change that shows who submitted the change, when it was submitted and all the related discussions? I don't see that information on the "machine weight" page.

I'm not on a witch-hunt, I just want to be better informed.

Thank you for all of your work at www.egrandprix.com/wiki
    Last edited by BoneFire; 24 January 2011 at 1532.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teddillard View Post
    Pardon me, but I started this thread. There are other threads for you to comment on... or start your own.
    This is my last post here then.

It is not, as anyone who's taken the time to read about my build strategy would know. My strategy was to build a bike to learn about them and how to do it, so I could go on to build a better bike, which is what I'm doing. How you could say a 200lb bike with a Mars ME0709 and 40ah of LiPo is going to run like a scooter is beyond me, and just shows how little you know, or have bothered to learn about what I'm trying to do. ...or have done.
    0-60 8 seconds and 65 mph is what I based that comment on it wasn't meant as an insult ( to be honest it was only a 1/4 insult ) but that was at your " people who never built one " comment.

My point of saying that is that there are a lot of opinions out there about builds, that vanish when you actually build a bike. Theory is one thing, experience is quite another. I get tired of people who've never even ridden an electric bike talking about how Yates or anyone else should do it. God forbid, I guess, I should point that out- that you may have something to learn.
    I explained myself on my last post.

He's raised the money to do what he's done. With years of hard work.
    Thats great but realize that's why he can do it and that im not a PR guy. Its sad to me that you would back the TTXGP but not ride with elmoto.

I'm sorry, too, but I doubt you can find any post on any forum anywhere that I've made a deliberate effort to insult someone or their work.
    Pointing out that you built one and I didn't is provoking enough. I simply pointed out that your bike ( based on your own numbers ) is as fast as a scooter. Thats not quite an insult unless you feel that's an erroneous conclusion to find with that information. And you are out of your element with racing as I would be discussing cameras or MOSFETS. Why are you so sensitive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneFire View Post
    can you help me find the Wiki discussion page and history page for the "machine weight" rule change that shows who submitted the change, when it was submitted and all the related discussions? I don't see that information on the "machine weight" page.

I'm not on a witch-hunt, I just want to be better informed.
    I found this http://www.egrandprix.com/wiki/index...next&oldid=151 But nothing much more. And WTH, let's do a witch-hunt. Sounds like fun :-) Also, it looked like some guy named Jazclrint was trying to change it to 300kg.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
    I found this http://www.egrandprix.com/wiki/index...next&oldid=151 But nothing much more. And WTH, let's do a witch-hunt. Sounds like fun :-) Also, it looked like some guy named Jazclrint was trying to change it to 300kg.
    Thanks lugnut, yeah I saw that request and I completely agree with their logic. Didn't know the author's name though. About that witch-hunt... I've retired my torch & pitchfork. Not as much fun as ya might think. Last time I went on one I nearly set my hair on fire and almost committed 3 pronged hara-kiri. Gonna pass. lolz

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember that Azhar came from the world of consumer electronics and so he relies heavily on the Technical Advisory Panel to make the final changes to rules.

I was on the "Wiki call" with Azhar and the TAP although, because of a prior engagement, I joined late -- after the discussion about machine weight (which, by the way, you won't find on the wiki as the 250kg limit was not discussed there). I can tell you that the TAP is tenacious and Azhar will debate them on various matters but will defer to them on matters of safety and areas which exceed his expertise. He runs the show, but relies on them to keep it safe.

There is only one TAP, although it may not be consistently called that in the website. I don't know that I agree with your designation of the public who submit ideas through the Wiki as the "author," because it seems that analogies don't work too well on this forum

But take a look at the emergency shut off rule and the discussions about how to improve that rule. Every rule page on the wiki has a tab at the top that says "Discussion" and when you click it, you'll see where the discussions occurred. The contributors to that rule determined that a tether to the rider was the best way to ensure that the bike shut down if the rider fell off. Many other possible solutions were discussed, including tilt switches, but the tether won out as the most efficient, practical and inexpensive method.
    Follow me on twitter or read my blog.

teddillard
    no. wait. THIS is the last thing I'm going to say on the subject.

An American - Anand Giridharadas, "India Calling" - talks about the real economic threat of China and India. From The Daily Show, 1/24: http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-epi...d-giridharadas

I'm not sensitive. I'm sick of the negative crap. All it's doing is bringing us all down, it's not a contribution to anything at all. Put your money or your time or whatever you have where your mouth (keyboard) is.
    Last edited by teddillard; 27 January 2011 at 0519.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow jazclrint On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
    What!? That jack@$$. who does he think he is.

Actually, take that post, ad an impassioned e-mail asking to have the Wiki updated so we can debate it there with good ideas and opinions, add one day, and I am talking to Azhar on the phone.

I'll just point out that my argument was against lowering the weight limit to artificially push progress, when to me, bikes were already going lighter, so why bother and mess things up for other people. The conversation with Azhar "enlightened" to that this was actually driven by teams. So, having a fuller picture of what was/is going on I am sympathetic to the situation. I am not completely sure where I stand, so I left my comment as is.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567