Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any news on the 2011 bike?

Not to be taken seriously DaveAK's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by electriKAT View Post
    Are you referring to Jeff Major?
    If he told you that he'd have to kill you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see that their website is back up.
    Follow me on twitter or read my blog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jazclrint View Post
    Well, here are the facts:

1. Last years bike is over this year's weight limit.
    This is what bothers me the most about the TTXGP, Azhar and all that rules wiki BS. Somebody just out of the blue decided to change a rule to exclude the reigning NA champion. What does that say to future competitors? Do well. Win. And we change rules and outlaw you. You think Yates was pissed? Maybe Lightning ain't real happy either. Just a guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    lugnut, lightning was going to make there bike lighter anyways, before the rule change. The rule tells them that they cant just sit back and bring the same bike they brought last year and expect to win. The only problem with the rule is that it makes it tougher on new teams that maybe didnt calculate this or that into their weight estimate. But the strength of electric motorcycles in the passion of the people building them. Ill tell you this no stinkin weight limit is going to stop these people from showing up with a bike. ie Lightning

Its time to move past this rules yipyapping and f'in race some cool ****
    Whats under my tank may shock you!!! R6 Build, Blog/, [/URL] OSU Current webpage

Post Thanks / Like
    Bring it on! I'll plan on being at Infieon to help anyone there that needs it. I want to see a packed grid with bikes ready to make for some good racing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts & Volts View Post
    lugnut, lightning was going to make there bike lighter anyways,...
    That is beside the point. I see the issue being about the integrity of the sanctioning body, its owner, motives and such things. And the message I see coming across is: If we can't beat you on the track, we'll beat you with the rule book.

teddillard
    Quote Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
    That is beside the point.
    What point, your point or the point of the original discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
    I see the issue being about the integrity of the sanctioning body, its owner, motives and such things. And the message I see coming across is: If we can't beat you on the track, we'll beat you with the rule book.
    Godwin's Law (lugnut Corollary): Within three posts of any topic, the discussion thread will involve unfair ruling practices of the TTXGP, specifically, weight regulations.

You must be a riot at a party.

oh crap, did I log in again? must. escape. black. hole.
    Last edited by teddillard; 28 January 2011 at 0859.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^like

also the my thoughts are that lightning will most likely be using the same EV1 motor but with a beefed up controller to maybe run high current to get more torque out of it. I also think they may have decided a new case for the motor which helps it get lighter and smaller. They mostly will have a new chassis (old one was actually designed for land speed racing). This is all speculation and is the route I would go if i was them.
    Whats under my tank may shock you!!! R6 Build, Blog/, [/URL] OSU Current webpage

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teddillard View Post
    What point, your point or the point of the original discussion?
    You right :-) It was my point. I guess I really liked the old #80 yellow flying banana with Barnes atop getting faster every race. I hope they come back with something even more exciting and kick everybody's ass again this season.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow harlan On Twitter Add harlan on Facebook
    Visit harlan's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts & Volts View Post
    also the my thoughts are that lightning will most likely be using the same EV1 motor but with a beefed up controller to maybe run high current to get more torque out of it. I also think they may have decided a new case for the motor which helps it get lighter and smaller. They mostly will have a new chassis (old one was actually designed for land speed racing). This is all speculation and is the route I would go if i was them.
    Nah. I'd be surprised if they used the same motor this year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast