Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Oh those Italians

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow jazclrint On Twitter

Wink Oh those Italians

First a quote from the team principal about how none of last years bikes will make it under the new weight limit (which is false, but complete Italian race craft, or a bad translation), and now this :

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...96742023675320

At least they released information on the bike, although they have yet to put any of it up on their brand new website. Oh, and we get a pretty picture of what it should look like. But, they want their money, damn it.

And somehow, I don't think the Fly and Drive Applies to Americans, unless we want to go to the final. Hmmmm.

Rich

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Small corretion. They have the information they released on Facebook now on their home page. But, the technical data for the 1.4 has yet to be updated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you hating on the Italians.

jpanichella
    Hey now! I'm Italian, my mother's maiden name was Capone.

(No, I'm not joking)

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Well, lets see. I ride a Bianchi with full Campagnolo that I built up myself. I lust for a Willier, and often times my post ride meal is a calzone. For those who are lost, that was all bicycle references. So, no. I'm not hating on Italians. But I might be egging them.

But read the propag . . . uh, I mean quotes on their site. Combine that with how their bike fell into a class that they can clearly dominate, and really never have to face a Mission R, or Brammo RR, or ANY factory bike at this point (other than Mavizen) if they don't want to. Add to that my conversation with Azhar, and it being relatively clear that the European teams had a strong influence over the rules for this year, and the teams who were vocal wanted to concentrate on lightness and efficiency (Agni falls into that category too) for bikes and products they could sell. And then add on top of all that the antics I've seen over the past 12 years or so in motorcycle and bicycle racing. I don't know, but I suspect they maybe about as well like in the next few years, as Max Biaggi was before he went to WSBK.
    Last edited by jazclrint; 26 January 2011 at 1805. Reason: clarification

Post Thanks / Like
    I never read the propag . . . uh, I mean crap on websites only the specs.
    Weren't they using the Mavizen motor / battery
    Whats wrong with lightness and efficiency
    Last edited by chdfarl; 26 January 2011 at 2223.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Sorry, that quote I mentioned isn't on the website, it's in an interview that is up on TTXGP.

There is nothing wrong with lightness and efficiency, and I didn't say there was. It's the ultimate goal. But I'm not big on people who are striving for light and efficient crapping their pants when they see the Lightning run, and then see the Yates bike coming and demanding a rule change.

Capisce?

As far as what they were using, all I know is they had Agni Motors (like Campus, Mavizen, and Agni) and a 7.5 kwhr pack. And they got more out of it than anyone else.
    Last edited by jazclrint; 28 January 2011 at 1729.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jazclrint View Post
    There is nothing wrong with lightness and efficiency, and I didn't say there was. It's the ultimate goal. But I'm not big on people who are striving for light and efficient crapping their pants when they see the Lightning run, and then see the Yates bike coming and demanding a rule change.
    ^^^I like the way those words were put together. For the race, the immediate goal is to cross the finish line first. And it seemed the heavy bike did that the most often. The 300kg rule this series started out with needed no modification.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Ok, I've changed my mind . . . a bit. First off, CRP maybe doesn't resemble a Max Biaggi as much as a Ducati constantly trying to get the rules adjusted. Now whether it was just to remain competitive, or to gain a favorable advantage, depends on your point of view. Much like this situation. But then again, Ducati was pretty much alone as the lone twin manufacturer for years, where I feel CRP is part of very squeaky wheel in Europe. Now, I just found this article that was written back in August:
    http://www.examiner.com/green-transp...euro-its-place
    It sounds like they put in quite a bit of work to make the Italy series happen. This, to me, justifies it a bit if, infact, they do have the TTXGPs ear a bit more than others. They worked for it. But this is all conjecture.

Also, they have updated their site just recently. And:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...97596866923169

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crpgrou...7625909340870/

[edit: Well, I wanted pictures, by god, I got pictures. ]

Looks like they may be bringing solar panels for charging the bikes. I'll be very interested to see the final design of that system.
    Last edited by jazclrint; 30 January 2011 at 1137.