Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agility Saietta unveiled, the decidedly unconventional electric sports bike

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that is ugly. I have seen a lot of ugly things done in the name of efficiency, but this is ugly just because.
    Id be willing to bet it would be much more pretty naked.

In its current form, It looks like the skull of a duck-billed dinosaur

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll admit I found the design somewhat jarring at first. Perhaps I could go over to the dark side...depending on how it looks going down the road. Preferably through some esses. I was taken aback by the catfishedness of the Nissan Leaf at first but it's come to grow on me.

Post Thanks / Like
    An a scale with great handling on one end and great looks on the other... what would you choose?

Crucially, Marazzi points out that the bike's appearance has been built around its handling capabilities, and not the other way around. Agility engaged top suspension designers from four major suspension companies very early in the design process and gave them free reign to design their dream suspension setups without regard for traditional looks.
    I agree that it looks ugly, but from an engeneering perspective I give Marazzi props for focusing on the function over form. Sounds like the name, Agility, is the selling point and if it's as flickable as he says, it should be a blast to ride. I"m not hating the black & deep red as much.

Here is a new article with more info, more pics and a video of Marazzi discussing his design process and philosophy.
    Last edited by BoneFire; 07 February 2011 at 1236.

Post Thanks / Like
    That saddle looks hard. Where are the rear shocks?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NonPolluter View Post
    That saddle looks hard. Where are the rear shocks?
    Click on the link in my above post for 21 pics.

teddillard
    That's a pretty interesting video interview, thanks for posting, Bonefire. Looks like the same battery configuration as the Brammo, 'cept maybe more- three rows perhaps?
    ...and yes. Work is boring today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alien.jpg

Family resemblance?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I am impressed with the engineering and effort put into the Saietta, as well at the company's guts for making and selling a very unusually styled motorcycle. I wish them well, but that styling is not for me. It is just too far out. No doubt more than one Saietta will find themselves exhibited in a modern industrial art museum some day.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12