PDA

View Full Version : Roehr introduces the new 2011 eSuperSport

roehrcycleguy
06 May 2011, 0905
The new 2011 eSuperSport

Roehr Motorcycles is pleased to introduce a significant milestone in production electric motorcycles, the all new 2011 Roehr eSuperSport.

The eSuperSport delivers performance unequaled by any current production street legal electric motorcycle, offering a level of performance that motorcyclists have come to expect and demand.

The 2011 eSuperSport benefits from a closer relationship with Hyosung Motors USA*, based on the award winning GT650R, known for itís outstanding value, reliability, and high equipment level, has been integrated with Roehr Motorcyclesí latest version of itís advanced and proven electric drive system. The result is the best performance electric motorcycle value on the market.

Powering the eSuperSport is a highly efficient AC Induction Motor, with 50Kw (67Hp) of power, and 80 lb/ft of torque. The eSuperSport is capable of 100+ MPH top speeds with strong acceleration, providing a unique and thrilling riding experience for those that demand more of a motorcycle than merely keeping up with traffic.

The Roehr battery pack features high discharge, LiFePO4 battery chemistry, proven to be safe and reliable while providing industry leading cycle life and high energy density. The 7.7Kwh capacity provides a range of up to 75 miles and can be recharged with the powerful 1500watt on-board charger in less than 7 hours.

The Roehr battery pack is monitored and protected by a Battery Management System which controls battery charging functions, low voltage warning/intervention, and cell balancing.

The powerful and sophisticated electric drive system is complemented by an equally impressive chassis and running gear, delivering the performance levels that motorcyclist have been looking for in an electric motorcycle.

From itís stout twin oval tube beam frame, adjustable 41mm inverted forks, and powerful dual 300mm front disc brakes with 4 piston calipers, to the adjustable rising rate single shock rear suspension, the eSuperSport offers the handling and braking performance required of a true sporting motorcycle.

From daily commuting, to spirited back road riding, or just a lazy Sunday morning ride, the Roehr eSuperSport offers the best value in the electric performance motorcycling industry.

The electric motorcycle that many have been waiting for is now available; reserve yours today.
Contact Roehr Motorcycles LLC at 1-708-212-7324 or visit us at www.roehrmotorcycles.com for more information.

Specifications:

Motor

Type: AC Induction
Power: 50Kw (67Hp) peak
Torque: 80 lb/ft

Battery

Type: LiFePO4 high discharge cylindrical cell
Voltage/Ah: 96V (nominal) / 80Ah
Amperage: 650 amps (peak)
Capacity: 7.7 Kwh
Charging: 1500 watt on-board
Recharge
time: 7 hours
Management: LVC, HVC, shunt balancing

Performance
Top Speed: 100+ MPH (160+ Km/h)
Average Range: 75 Miles (120 Km)

Components

Frame: Twin oval tube steel beam frame

Front Suspension: 41mm inverted, adjustable rebound and
compression dampening

Rear Suspension: Single shock with rising rate linkage,
adjustable for preload.

Front Brakes: 2 x 300mm discs, 4 piston calipers

Rear Brakes: Single disc, 2 piston caliper

Tires front/rear: 120/60ZR17; 160/60ZR17 Bridgestone

MSRP: $17,995

* Roehr Motorcycles LLC does not express or imply any affiliation with Hyosung Motors USA.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/roehrcycleguy/eSuperSportphotoshootrightsidestudio002.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/roehrcycleguy/eSuperSportphotoshootstudio018.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/roehrcycleguy/eSuperSportphotoshootrightfrontstudio027.jpg

frodus
06 May 2011, 0908
Wow, looks great!

Great price too, esp for lithium and an AC motor!

Nuts & Volts
06 May 2011, 0908
Very cool, glad to see you come out with a new model!

DaveAK
06 May 2011, 0924
Looks great, but you gotta do something about that gas cap. :D

Coninsan
06 May 2011, 1034
Looks great, but you gotta do something about that gas cap. :D

Honestly it looks very fishy to me..
This looks waaaay to much like a Hyosung GT 650R, Roehr could just as well have bought a GT 650R, converted it and sold it on as their own..

2010 Hyosung GT 650R:
http://www.websneak.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Hyosung_gt650r_11.png

DaveAK
06 May 2011, 1038
Honestly it looks very fishy to me..
This looks waaaay to much like a Hyosung GT 650R, Roehr could just as well have bought a GT 650R, converted it and sold it on as their own..

2010 Hyosung GT 650R:
http://www.websneak.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Hyosung_gt650r_11.png
Ummm. That's what they did.

The 2011 eSuperSport benefits from a closer relationship with Hyosung Motors USA*, based on the award winning GT650R, known for it’s outstanding value, reliability, and high equipment level, has been integrated with Roehr Motorcycles’ latest version of it’s advanced and proven electric drive system. The result is the best performance electric motorcycle value on the market.

Coninsan
06 May 2011, 1058
I know, but IMO this is just to thin..

Roehr can do better than that..
This is a Hyosung GT 650R-E in my eyes, not a Roehr.

DaveAK
06 May 2011, 1106
I know, but IMO this is just to thin..

Roehr can do better than that..
This is a Hyosung GT 650R-E in my eyes, not a Roehr.
OK, I see what you're saying.

They probably can do better than that, but they need to sell motorcycles. So if they've developed a good power train for this bike they can build on its success. How many electric bikes have we seen as 3D renderings that look great but never make it to production? This at least proves that Roehr is serious about selling bikes.

Now I just need $18K :D

A-Bomb
06 May 2011, 1124
Looking Good!

Yeah, I don't think Roehr is trying to hide the fact that this is basically a Hyosung conversion. I'm sure he'd come right out and say, but maybe he's got a deal to buy the bikes w/o motors, trannies, etc.

I'd love to see Hyosung or any big MC co. let him guide a mass production for this or something similar into the tens of thousands. Only then would we see a cost being competitive with comparable ICE bikes.

$10-20K is not really that much for a new bike. Of course Hyosungs are not in that range, but there's plenty that are. ...And Roehr is a small co., so probably built/converted by hand with lots of attention to detail.

ZoomSmith
06 May 2011, 1300
I really like the fact that you can see the motor on this model.

reserve yours today.

Just curious Roehrcycleguy, roughly how far out is delivery?

roehrcycleguy
06 May 2011, 1321
The bike is available now. We are in the process of delivering the first few units by the end of the month. You should expect to wait about 6 weeks for delivery from the time it's ordered.

Nuts & Volts
06 May 2011, 1352
The bike is available now. We are in the process of delivering the first few units by the end of the month. You should expect to wait about 6 weeks for delivery from the time it's ordered.

That's awesome that you are producing a electric motorcycle with good performance that people can buy now! You may be the only company in the US that can claim that! Keep up the good work. If i didnt love converting so much I would definitely be counting my dough for one of these.

ZoomSmith
06 May 2011, 1357
Wow. Saving the press release for when a product is actually available.

'nuff said.

billmi
08 May 2011, 0418
Yep, that is fantastic - a real sport performance electric, at a more manageable price - and actually in production.

Richard230
09 May 2011, 1752
Here is another press report about the Roehr: http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/2011-roehr-esupersport-preview

ZoomSmith
09 May 2011, 2203
Hey Roehrcycleguy,

Any chance you have some pics of the guts? You know how we love the technical nitty-gritty of the build.

Thanks.

P.S. The more I look at it, the more I like it.