PDA

View Full Version : Agni current leaking

zerous
22 March 2015, 1616
Hi

I have a motorcycle build with AXE7245 and ME1003 motor with 25S (75V nominal) LifePo4. There is no problems with the bike, i finished it last year. ME1003 is heavy and have low RPM so i got a used Agni 95R to put it. As soon motor mount plate was done I put in Agni. I tried and motor is working and spins fine.

Accidentally i measured voltage between frame and battery ground and i there is 75V between. As soon voltage is on, but controller is not on. There should be not any connection between battery and the frame. It is build this way. As soon i removed wires from Agni terminals the voltage disappear. So it looks like i get voltage to the frame by Agni.

When i measured between battery ground and both terminals i got 35 and 55 volts, but controller still was not on.

Now i need to decide. Is it any problems with the motor or Alltrax?

I measured from Agni terminals to motor shaft and get 300 Ohm, and 300 Oh between metal casing and terminals. I opened Agni and took out armature, it is not much dust inside, I measured between copper bars and large knob in the middle there is 300 Ohm between, is it normal for this motor or should it isolated between? Is armature bad?

Is it normal that Alltrax have 55V when controller is not on?

Athlon
22 March 2015, 1641
normally between live wire and motor structure there should be complete insulation

jateureka
26 March 2015, 2146
+1, should be insulated between windings and motor case and output shaft.
I remember reading on another forum (maybe electricmotorcycleforum.com) someone else had a similar issue with an Agni motor. I think either Jozztec or Hollywood Electrics had a look at it and confirmed it was faulty.

jateureka
27 March 2015, 0457
Here is the link, it was on EndlessSphere.com, scroll half way down the page... Endless-sphere.com ? View topic - Agni motor tuning and racing (http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=29711&start=25)

zerous
28 March 2015, 1438
Here is the link, it was on EndlessSphere.com, scroll half way down the page... Endless-sphere.com ? View topic - Agni motor tuning and racing (http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=29711&start=25)

Thank you.

I took motor to my jobb and tested with a isolation tester, at 250V it was 0 ohm between shaft and terminals. Jozztek, Alltrax and Cedric Lynch says same, shaft should be isolated, so armature is shorted to shaft.

I bought this motor as used, but as "top shape" from a forum member and hope we can solve this issue nice.

I checked with Alltrax too, and they said that if controller is activated I should have battery pack voltage between M- and B+, and not 38 V as i have. As soon i connected another Agni 95R ( see in sell part of forum) I get 83V there.

So it points out motor too.

jateureka
29 March 2015, 1752
Sorry to hear that, hopefully the seller will have some decency and do the right thing.
The Zero 2011 S that I bought was advertised as being in "mint condition" but it arrived with the brake pads worn down to the backing, a scored rear disc rotor, a cracked rear tail frame and a glitch that causes the bike growl on startup up to cut out whilst riding (likely a faulty contactor). The seller stopped responding to my texts and emails.... not very manly of him at all.

zerous
03 April 2015, 0942
Sorry to hear that, hopefully the seller will have some decency and do the right thing.

It turns out that Doctorbass which i think on this forum toom, do not have any decency. I published my feedback of this transaction on the other forum. And will warn for dealing with him here on elmoto.net too.

LOT of ZERO parts for sale (http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=2989.0)

Doctorbass
03 April 2015, 1057
It turns out that Doctorbass which i think on this forum toom, do not have any decency. I published my feedback of this transaction on the other forum. And will warn for dealing with him here on elmoto.net too.

LOT of ZERO parts for sale (http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=2989.0)

Zerous,

What you "forgot" to mention is that you bought this motor nearly 2 years ago! and have confirmed me that it was working!

I really dont trust you about what you did in the last months with this motor. When people contact me in a RESONABLE TIME about a problem for something i sold i am very comprehensive but after 2 years i just can't trust you on what you did with that motor. was it used at 84V without reduced current( not recommended by the manufacture) was it exposed to debrit, metallic dust etc.. in 2 years many things can happen.

This is really curious that you did not mentioned that in your first post and try making me appear to be the bad guy.

This is one of the reason i have difficulty to trust your honesty.

Doc

zerous
05 April 2015, 1350
Zerous,

What you "forgot" to mention is that you bought this motor nearly 2 years ago! and have confirmed me that it was working!

I really dont trust you about what you did in the last months with this motor. When people contact me in a RESONABLE TIME about a problem for something i sold i am very comprehensive but after 2 years i just can't trust you on what you did with that motor. was it used at 84V without reduced current( not recommended by the manufacture) was it exposed to debrit, metallic dust etc.. in 2 years many things can happen.

This is really curious that you did not mentioned that in your first post and try making me appear to be the bad guy.

This is one of the reason i have difficulty to trust your honesty.

Doc

No, I did not forgot it. I received motor in september 2013 after that it was stored in box at same place i keep rest of my parts and motorcycles and my car. My garage. No debrit(?), debris or metal dust in there. I see no problems that this fault was found so long after, there is several projects on this forum where peaple collect parts for their build for years before they are done and can try things out and still not done.

Agni motor work fine with 84V according to the site, and in any case motor was never loaded when I found this fault. Motorcycle was on central stand during installation. So no street rides been done yet. Not much amps there.

I bought this motor as "top shape, near new). I turns out it was not so. I know well how i handled this motor and how i stored it. I have two other motor stored here too, they work fine.

If there is a fault there it was not me who caused it, that is the reason you been accused by me. I tryed to sort this ussue the normal way with you before i post here. But it is nothing you choosed to do.