Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  272
Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Today, I ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Worked 10 hrs today (at work), then came home and ate and watched the SX from Dallas and now I'm watching drag racing!
    BUT.........I tried to order my 72V, 40Ah elite power solutions turn key system last night but was not able to because they only accept paypal on their website. Going to have to wait until Monday and call them! Getting excited cuz I'm getting close to having all the parts!

teddillard
    Quote Originally Posted by 1320freek View Post
    they only accept paypal on their website.
    WOW! Lots of stuff happening! Thanks, guys, this is fun.

FYI, PayPal lets you pay with a credit card if you don't have an account, or don't want to use it. Look for the link on the PayPal page at the bottom that mentions major credit cards. (yeah, from their site: "Payment options: For payment of less than $5000, the options are: Using credit cards and debit cards through online payment site Paypal.com. ..."

So, whatcha gonna do today, 1320freek?
    Last edited by teddillard; 19 February 2012 at 0414.

teddillard
    ...woke up really early (well, that's nothing new) suited up and hit the street. Hit 80mph, took it to some really tight curves and it handles just as sweet as I remember my RD350.

It's about 30F out, and the batteries were sagging to below 70V (I have a little warning light that comes on at 70V), so I'm not sure if it's the temps, the ultra-small pack (1.6), the bigger motor, or all three (or some combination of factors), but it's time to move to the next step: MORE BATTERIEZ!

BUT... the gearing is good, I think, so I'm popping for a new sprocket to replace the severely worn one I have now, and I'm going to keep it the same ratio- 11 tooth front, 41 rear. Or is it 12? pooo.

(...come in to the house, greet wife just waking up, answer "what are you doing up so early" with "I had to run the bike", to which she responds "you're crazy" and gives me a hug and a kiss. )

4. Likes EVGator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, whatcha gonna do today, 1320freek?.............

I had breakfast with my G/F and wonderful boys! Gotta go into work today when my boyeeez head home. Not sure how long I will work today but I'm sure it will be a while. I'm not complaining though.....this OT is helping pay for the batteries!! And BTW it's about 70 deg out here in Titusville. It would be a beautiful to ride a bike!!

Otis

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops....forgot the word "day".......It would be a beautiful DAY to ride!

teddillard
    ...gots me a plastic box:

(Note: NO BEER was consumed whilst sorting above bits and pieces. yeah. riiiiiight. )

Feels kinda like the wrap-up of the project, when everythings's so neat and tidy. boooooo. (Or, just maybe, the start of a new one?)

Post Thanks / Like
    dreamt about batteries blowing up, like little flash bombs. One shot up through the roof and landed outside....something is definitely wrong with me

not sure if being hungover had anything to do with it hahaha
    Last edited by Nuts & Volts; 19 February 2012 at 1800.
    Whats under my tank may shock you!!! R6 Build, Blog/, [/URL] OSU Current webpage

Post Thanks / Like
    Worked another weekend, actively battling all the gremlins/issues/limitations/concerns that prevent the world from all riding electric motorcycles.

We are winning the battle, one innovative solution after another.

It's satisfying clear down to my soul. I would do the same job for no pay, just out of a love of seeing the electric motorcycle revolution arrive, one difficult step after another.

teddillard
    Quote Originally Posted by liveforphysics View Post
    We are winning the battle, one innovative solution after another.
    Yes we are, my friend, yes we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuts & Volts View Post
    dreamt about batteries blowing up, like little flash bombs.
    I have had that dream...

Post Thanks / Like
    today i ordered the paints i need to custom airbrush my motorcycle - i start the paint and body work on the fenders and fake gas tank "console" this week...

photos and video later...
    The Greatest thing about a EV, is the Song of the Terrain...

Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast