Likes Likes:  272
Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Today, I ...

teddillard
    Quote Originally Posted by EVcycle View Post
    ???????????????????????????
    Just a lame joke, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I replaced the two headlights on my EV (car) with round LED units from TruckLite. Direct plug in replacement. They project out ever so slightly (1/8"?) towards the front more than the sealed beams they replaced. Since the car has flip up headlights I had to change the depth of the fixed and adjustable points of the lens carrier. Well worth the time because they draw 1/4 of the power and produce amazing light. http://www.drivetrainamerica.com/p-1...-jeep-4x4.aspx for these specific units, but there must be 20 pages of LED lighting products that the trucks use on this particular website.
    I need to confess that I didn't buy these, I evaluated them at work since we now sell them. Once I was finished with the performance testing, these two are now on "beta" test.....
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison

3. Likes Nuts & Volts, Skeezmour, billmi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today...is my first Today's post.
    Yesterday i got my student driver license, valid for 4 months,
    and Today, i had my first driving lesson, with a dino-oil kawasaki 250cc,
    'twas cool !
    Regards from Switzerland
    My 2.5 Upgrade Thread

5. Likes billmi liked this post
    teddillard
    NICE! Those little 250s are sweet. That was my son's first bike.

Well, today I haz Battery Module Prototype:

Last edited by teddillard; 09 March 2013 at 0708.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Visit SplinterOz's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugues View Post
    'twas cool !
    Welcome to the joy of motorcycling.
    SplinterOz
    From Australia'a Capital
    http://rgelectric.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugues View Post
    'twas cool !
    Excellent! I learned on a 305 'Dream'. Much better to make your mistakes on a little bike (that thing weighs around 400 lbs less than yours!!) at relatively low speed!

Today I rebuilt my forks! The seals leaked, the inner tubes were pitted and couldn't be saved. I tried junk yard forks but weren't worth the time I wasted on them. Found a nice old set on e-bay and took a chance. They arrived close to on time and looked great except for some deterioration on the right lower. Robo had some good tips, I'll pretty it up later, after I ride it a bit! Had to get cir-clip pliers to get the seals out. Somehow I've gotten by with needle-nose for over 50 years, but today I needed fancy pliers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a Motorcycle Superstore catalog in the mail - and guess what's on the cover? An Empulse R (with a little 2-page description inside). No idea what this was doing in their catalog, but there it was.
    - Noah Podolefsky -
    The GSX-E

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by podolefsky View Post
    Got a Motorcycle Superstore catalog in the mail - and guess what's on the cover? An Empulse R (with a little 2-page description inside). No idea what this was doing in their catalog, but there it was.
    I received the same catalog and noticed the same thing. I also noticed that Superstore mentioned in the Empulse "article" that they are located only 17 miles from Brammo Central, so my guess is that someone from the company rode an Empulse over the the Superstore and let them give it a try - resulting in the photo on the front cover and the review of the bike.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like

Today, I ...

...am listening to Kenyon kluge talk at the "electric vehicle entrepreneurs" group.
    EVs: 2007 Zapino Scooter, Honda VF500 Conversion (electriceptor.wordpress.com), Red Nissan LEAF SL (Arrived!)

Status-free and luvin' it
    Post Thanks / Like
    .... took this progress picture of the reverse trike roadstermoto... yeah roadstermoto, I like that!

Last night I laid up this first layer of carbon fiber over the buck for the tub frame. This is down and dirty, some waves and wrinkles which will be cleaned up as I get into adding more material for strength. The buck is styrofoam and I need the first layer just to stabilize the form so I can work and move this thing around. I still need to flip it upside down to hit the underside with carbon and seal it all shut, but I'll wait a day or two and allow the epoxy to post-cure before I do that.

tub_frame.JPG
    Mike Pipes
    - Currently under analysis paralysis.

13. Likes Skeezmour liked this post
Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast