Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  272
Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 LastLast

Thread: Today, I ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EV_Scoot View Post
    Last Monday on the way to work my throttle got stuck on full and I had to use the kill switch. My (ice) bike weighs 215Kg dry and it took me ages to push it all the way back home. Spent ages looking at the throttle cables etc and finally disengaged both to find out that it was still cranked up high despite the Throttle cam being closed completely.

Turns out that there was some paper towel caught in throttle plate. Then I noticed even more paper towel jammed into one of the sensor holes. I removed the sensor and cleaned it all out ( carefully ) and put it all back together and it's working sweet now.

The thing is, I've never cleaned out the throttle body myself and I would never use paper towel anyway. The only way it could of got there was when I took the bike into the dealer because I was complaining of combustion pressure loss. They must of tried to clean it out then. It's the only explanation.

Less than a gram of paper could have killed me and injured others.
    To me it seems more likely that the dealer had your intake box off while they were working on your bike and stuffed paper towels into the intake plenum in order to keep foreign debris out of the carbs and engine and then forgot to remove the towel when they reassembled the bike. Dealer shops are very busy right now and sometimes their mechanics get rushed and forget stuff. Luckily you survived the experienced with nothing more than a tired body from pushing your bike back home. You might want to call the dealer's service manager and remind them that they need to be more careful in the future and double check their work. That mistake could have resulted in a serious accident that might have hurt you as well as others.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your thoughts Richard.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add furyphoto on Facebook
    WOW, that's the epitome of "If you want something done right" ! Glad it all worked out OK

Today I... Checked out some Arduino tutorials, and a cool free piece of software for prototyping circuit boards with a virtual breadboard. I have a few dash Items I want to control (Like fingerprint scan ignition ), and I would really like to learn a bit of coding just 'cause. The last programming I learned was in grade school on a ZX-81 (some of you might be old enough to remember one of those), Arduino seems like a good and flexible place to start.

I found video introduction tutorials and the software here: http://fritzing.org/learning/
    -Andrew

http://www.andrewdoran.com
    mail(at)andrewdoran.com

My ElMoto Project "Electric Hurricane" - 1987 Honda CBR600 F1: Check out my Build ALBUM
    My ICE Cafe Racer Project "My Precious" - 1983 Honda CM400 Classic

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a Nissan Leaf battery in the mail. Just a single module (2s2p).

Charging on my bench, getting ready for some testing.
    - Noah Podolefsky -
    The GSX-E

5. Likes Spoonman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Visit SplinterOz's Youtube Channel
    This weekend I:
    bought a half converted Eunos 30X to complete
    DSC_0183.jpg
    2014 - 1.jpg

constructed two windows computers in return for car transport to home (161 updates for each one REALLY).
    Helped a guy get his electric go-kart spinning it's wheels.

All in all and awesome and busy weekend.
    SplinterOz
    From Australia'a Capital
    http://rgelectric.wordpress.com/

7. Likes jonescg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add furyphoto on Facebook
    Discovered that Telsa Opened Canada's FIRST and North Americas 100th Super Charger in my home town of Squamish. The station is half way between Vancouver and Whistler (North Americas best Ski Resort ) which I guess makes sense for a West Coast Supercharger.

So our little town (Pop. 18,000) now has 6 Tesla SC bays, and a Level 3 fast charging station, and a few friendly Level 2 chargers, including mine .

So EV Drivers, come and visit!! The Sea to Sky Highway (hwy 99) is an awesome motorcycle ride! (we also have this skookum new gondola too)
    -Andrew

http://www.andrewdoran.com
    mail(at)andrewdoran.com

My ElMoto Project "Electric Hurricane" - 1987 Honda CBR600 F1: Check out my Build ALBUM
    My ICE Cafe Racer Project "My Precious" - 1983 Honda CM400 Classic

Post Thanks / Like
    Ordered 14 Leaf modules. The GSX-E is getting an upgrade.
    - Noah Podolefsky -
    The GSX-E

10. Likes robo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by furyphoto View Post
    Discovered that Telsa Opened Canada's FIRST and North Americas 100th Super Charger in my home town of Squamish. The station is half way between Vancouver and Whistler (North Americas best Ski Resort ) which I guess makes sense for a West Coast Supercharger.

So our little town (Pop. 18,000) now has 6 Tesla SC bays, and a Level 3 fast charging station, and a few friendly Level 2 chargers, including mine .

So EV Drivers, come and visit!! The Sea to Sky Highway (hwy 99) is an awesome motorcycle ride! (we also have this skookum new gondola too)
    That's really cool! Did you have any idea that Tesla were going to set up there? Can any EV rock up and use their DC fast charger (assuming its all ChaDeMo or Combo capable)?

I've ridden the Sea to Sky on a 1978 CB750K. Was a beautiful ride, although there were plenty of roadworks in preparation for the Olympics. Also done Crows Nest Highway too.

Electric Warrior CaptainKlapton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add CaptainKlapton on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by podolefsky View Post
    Ordered 14 Leaf modules. The GSX-E is getting an upgrade.
    Nice!
    Going to run 28s2p?
    "Never let schooling interfere with your education."
    -Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKlapton View Post
    Nice!
    Going to run 28s2p?
    Yup. Finally able to give my AC-20 the full juice.
    - Noah Podolefsky -
    The GSX-E