Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Farfles M1GP E-Supermoto

Post Thanks / Like

Farfles M1GP E-Supermoto

Heya everybody, long time poster over on the sphere, as this is my first real E-moto, ill be posting stuff up here. . The plan for this guy is to race it in the M1GP class that hollywood electrics has started up, after all, supermotos and kart tracks go together like bread and butter .

here are some stats:

Peak power in: 318A @ 92V

Peak power out: 24hp, 201 ft/lb at the wheel

Weight: 165lbs

Motor: Home built outrunner. Stator dimensions are 175x80, outer case dims are 208x190. Weighs 31 pounds with wiring.

Frame: 1" x.035 chromoly trellis

Battery: 24s5p 5ah 50c nano-tech pouch cells. 88v 25Ah

Heres some pics! The frame has the mock-up swingarm on there right now, its going to change to something a ilitle more radical, and a LOT less flexible in the very near future.

Here is a video of us racing electric and gas bikes with this motor in a different frame, we won 1st, even with a mystery controller reset that cost us 26 seconds and six positions :

2. Likes harlan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Farfle! Really glad to see you bring your project over to El Moto. I have followed your builds over on the Sphere.

The guys here will really like your project, especially all great machining and welding work you do!

-Kyle
    Whats under my tank may shock you!!! R6 Build, Blog/, [/URL] OSU Current webpage

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts & Volts View Post
    Welcome Farfle! Really glad to see you bring your project over to El Moto. I have followed your builds over on the Sphere.

The guys here will really like your project, especially all great machining and welding work you do!

-Kyle
    Thanks man, hopefully should have some updates tomorrow. I guy my boss knows is a high-up in a laser cutting shop, and hes helping me out with some parts. He is cutting some buss bars and a 280mm floating front rotor today, and we are working out the final dims on a laser cut, cnc bent chromoly swingarm. . Will be my first cad cut parts on a bike ever.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow harlan On Twitter Add harlan on Facebook
    Visit harlan's Youtube Channel
    Beautiful work! Looking forward to having you at the races!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Farfle View Post
    Thanks man, hopefully should have some updates tomorrow. I guy my boss knows is a high-up in a laser cutting shop, and hes helping me out with some parts. He is cutting some buss bars and a 280mm floating front rotor today, and we are working out the final dims on a laser cut, cnc bent chromoly swingarm. . Will be my first cad cut parts on a bike ever.
    Someday when I have less projects I want to make my own frame to better utilize the total space than my R6. I think you might be the first guy I talk to

I
    Whats under my tank may shock you!!! R6 Build, Blog/, [/URL] OSU Current webpage

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Visit Jackson Edwards's Youtube Channel
    I would love to lend a hand with a frame build. Lots on the plate right now though. Gotta get this thing rolling, and then round up enough money to buy racing tires and get down to Socal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting some more progress made, rounding up some help from a few friends and cashing in some favors to make this adventure happen. Among the things I am working on is finding a replacement for the cracked front wheel, and to convert the 16" rear to a 17" .
    The front is a 32 hole 17" x 2.5"/3" wheel , and the back should be a 17" 3.5-4.5" wheel to use the 125/250 racing tires. I was thinking about going with a cast rear wheel off of a 250-600cc street bike, as it wont be leaving the ground very much and they are surprisingly lighter weight than a spoked wheel says these guys: http://motard-supermoto-wheels.sportsontheweb.net/

with CBR250 wheels (CBR250R & CBR250RR specifically) this is not true. We've weighed the CBR wheels, fully kitted out with tyres, discs and sprocket, against typical quality motard spoked wheels using Talon hubs and Morad rims. The results?:

Front spoked wheel: 11.1 kg 3-spoked cast wheel: 10 kg 6-spoked cast wheel: 10.5 kg
    Rear spoked wheel: 13.1 kg 3-spoked cast wheel: 13.8 kg 6-spoked cast wheel: 13.9 kg]

So there's very little in it, and if the spoked wheels had a cush drive hub they would all weigh about the same.
    Anybody else see any problems with this crazy idea? Here are some potential flea bay candidates:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/04-Kawasaki-...50ca5a&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-Suzuki-Ka...9cf0a9&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by ZoomSmith; 06 March 2013 at 1411. Reason: fixed missing end-quote bracket

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a thread going over on the sphere about the founding power programmable bms, Im getting one on the way, and will post a quick review of it on here.

Here is a link to their website:

http://www.foundingpower.com/en/Prod...012081492.html

And a link to the sphere thread:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/vie...p?f=14&t=40774

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Farfle,

Awesome vid! Keep us posted on your build. By the way is your bike street legal?

Tony
    Los Angeles

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee1919 View Post
    Hello Farfle,

Awesome vid! Keep us posted on your build. By the way is your bike street legal?

Tony
    Los Angeles
    Its uhhh, 90% legal. I have it registered as a constructed moped, which does not have a horsepower limit, only a speed limit. So for 90% of my commute I am perfectly legal, but the other 10%...

I did a vid of my commute with the old bike a while back:
    Pt1
    m.youtube.com/watch?v=RoqrluLFjfY

Pt 2
    m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=REvsmWlR1AM

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast