Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEV 10 LRC

Post Thanks / Like

ZEV 10 LRC

Richard's thread on the Hyosung scooter reminded me about ZEV. They've been taking Chinese scooters and making pretty nice electric versions for a few years. I just saw they have a new model, the 10 LRC, with a 75mph top speed and claimed 140 mi range (at 55 mph). Price is $13,900.

Someone over there likes Hayabusas...

http://zelectricvehicle.com/22.html

It's a 10 kWh pack, so I'm skeptical of the 140 mi range claim. The aerodynamics might buy them something, but I doubt it's that much. Still, if you're into getting groceries, this looks pretty sweet. I have to admit, for just running errands around town, I do like my scooter quite a bit.
    - Noah Podolefsky -
    The GSX-E

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate when they play games with the torque. " -The ZEV has 2.5 X the torque of the ZERO. " Well I hope so since your direct drive. Forget that the Zero has gear reduction.

Does anyone proof the website? This did make me chuckle. "10 Kw (10,000 WATTS) OF CONTINUOUS OUTPUT POWER. Motor rated to 15,000 Kw" I could make a sweet ship drive out of that thing

Sorry off my soap box.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW if you don't want to be pissed off at total BS do not read the FAQ on that website.

MAN they BASH hard on both Zero and Brammo. Good plan....NOT!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah - agreed, it's too bad they had to go so negative, and generally just make a lot of nonsense statements (in fairness, I think that's called "marketing"...they just did a really bad job at it). The bit about the "illogical" battery arrangement and tiny rear brake on the Empulse is pretty hilarious...

They do make a pretty nice hub motor scooter. The lower models are basically the same Chinese made chassis as my R-Martin, but with a much nicer motor/controller, better battery, nicer build all around.
    - Noah Podolefsky -
    The GSX-E

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow jazclrint On Twitter
    Chinese right? If that's the case, it's not surprising.

teddillard
    Not Chinese. Darus H Zehrbach III. Long record of interesting accomplishments.

I had a long series of exchanges with him and lost interest when his claims started looking a little like a pattern... (One of his three convictions that I found was for a motor that he apparently bilked a bunch of investors for.)

As it turned out, nothing he told me he was "about to release" (18" 30kW oil-cooled motorcycle hub motor) ever materialized.
    http://evmc2.wordpress.com/2010/08/1...ev-hub-motors/

(PS: Funny how everything that's bull**** gets called "Marketing". I call it "bull****".)
    Last edited by teddillard; 27 March 2013 at 0229.

7. Likes Skeezmour liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, a jerk with zero emissions is still a jerk.

9. Likes billmi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter

Re: ZEV 10 LRC

the faqs are funny.

The Brammo had a 50/50 weight distribution and dual piston rear caliper.... and its not tiny.... But it is smaller than the front...just like every motorcycle I've seen. You want more braking in the front!

Water cooled controller is going to beat air cooled every time.

And Brammo dynos every bike as far as I know.

There's so much wrong there.... I'm surprised he can fit 10kwh of GBS in those scooters.
    Travis

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a lot more respect for the company before I read the FAQ. They're based in the US (Pittsburgh I think). Basically they take the Chinese chassis and outfit it with nicer components. I *think* they make their own motors.

Someone I know here has one, and they are a good product. A lot nicer than my scooter with the same chassis.

They should really just focus on marketing their product for what it is - a nice electric scooter with good range and speed. But they're stuck in the US, so they have to try and convince people that if they buy a scooter they still get to keep their balls. It's no excuse for the b.s. on their site, but I do kind of get where it's coming from.
    - Noah Podolefsky -
    The GSX-E

Post Thanks / Like
    Darus H Zehrbach III is a 21 year old student at WVU. Guess he must have started when he was a baby?

I had a long series of exchanges with him and lost interest when his claims started looking a little like a pattern... (One of his three convictions that I found was for a motor that he apparently bilked a bunch of investors for.)

As it turned out, nothing he told me he was "about to release" (18" 30kW oil-cooled motorcycle hub motor) ever materialized.
    http://evmc2.wordpress.com/2010/08/1...ev-hub-motors/

(PS: Funny how everything that's bull**** gets called "Marketing". I call it "bull****".)[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast