Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  9
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Indy eRoadRacing 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I believe the Zero motor has more power than the Brammo TTX motor as it is a bigger motor. I thought their only advantage over our bikes was going to be the liquid cooling, as heat is the one thing that is keeping us in check on the power and distance. I was really surprised to hear that they are also having thermal issues. When I changed my gearing, to run faster than 85 mph , my bike was faster than Shelina's bike, until she shifted into 6th gear. I could pull up on her on the straights, and right before we got to start finish I could see her shift into 6th, then she would start pulling away from me until turn 1.

As far as the continued racing of electric motorcycles, we are working on that as a group. I've been talking with the guys at Brammo and Zero and the racers, and we are going to push harder to do more club racing events. At first we are going to be racing against gas bikes like we have been in M1GP and AFM. We are going to try to push into other organizations as well, talking with WERA and CCS. This will grow a base for the eracing that gives racers a place to go once they get their electric motorcycles. Once we get enough people coming out and racing with their ebikes, then we can have our own all electric class, like the Hollywood Electric class at M1GP. I think this step is a crucial step that was skipped by ttxgp/eroadracing, whatever you want to call it now. Like Arthur Kowitz said, they have a tree with no roots. Art and I are going to be doing some exhibition races in CCS until we can convince them to let us race against the gas bikes.

2. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow jazclrint On Twitter
    In response to the Brammo's having heating issue I have found out that Arthur's water pump had failed and his motor was running with no cooling at all. I have talked to Brian in previous interviews about the heating in the TTX, and I'm not sure what modifications Nuts was referring too, but I do know they have had issues with getting around the built in safety limits put in for the street bike. It is my understanding that Brammo (and Parker too, I assume) feels that they could race with much higher limits and run into less thermal cutback issues. But some of the safety standards are hard wired in and would require modifications that I believe is in contradiction with the spirit of what they are trying to do with the TTX.

As far as eSS, I reported back this spring that next year the TTXGP will have their own eSS series in North America only, and it will be a rule package with support that any club or professional level series can purchase. There is supposed to be a one day championship, and the winner of that final gets a full ride in the eRR in 2015. The goal is to provide club series primarily with preset rules, tools and support so that people can race in their local series and build up point to qualify for the national final.

Next year the eRR will be a proper World Championship with two rounds in the US, Europe and Asia. I have heard Brammo is behind this, but I have not heard it straight from them. I'm not sure who else might attend.
    Last edited by jazclrint; 02 September 2013 at 1037. Reason: clarinfication

4. Likes Skeezmour liked this post
    teddillard
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay64 View Post
    ...and we are going to push harder to do more club racing events. ...
    This is really great to hear. ...and as it should be, all kidding aside. I think, however you look at it, what you're describing will build a really strong foundation for years to come.

Like Arthur Kowitz said, they have a tree with no roots. Art and I are going to be doing some exhibition races in CCS until we can convince them to let us race against the gas bikes.
    Who is this guy, Arthur Kowitz? I'd love to hear or read more about what he has to say. I saw the video he was in recently talking about the difference between electric and ICE, and he's pretty eloquent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jazclrint View Post

As far as eSS, I reported back this spring that next year the TTXGP will have their own eSS series in North America only, and it will be a rule package with support that any club or professional level series can purchase. There is supposed to be a one day championship, and the winner of that final gets a full ride in the eRR in 2015. The goal is to provide club series primarily with preset rules, tools and support so that people can race in their local series and build up point to qualify for the national final.

Next year the eRR will be a proper World Championship with two rounds in the US, Europe and Asia. I have heard Brammo is behind this, but I have not heard it straight from them. I'm not sure who else might attend.
    That might have been what they were saying at the beginning of the year, but that is not what they are saying now. Now they are saying you have to buy into the championship next year at a significant cost (even more so than their already significant costs this year.) There will be no championship in the US next year. I find it rather funny that they are trying to get us to BUY their rules package. I think that says everything right there. There is no need to BUY a rules package from a promotional company that is no longer going to be promoting a series in our country. The majority of the racers in the current series, know more about racing and rules needs than the promotional company ever will. The rules and procedures that they are trying to force on us are doing nothing but helping to destroy the series. Why would we want to BUY that? There is not going to be any national title for racers to build points up to. This is a way for them to grab more money without giving anything back in return.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ted, Art is an old school racer from back in the day. He is also pretty committed to electric vehicles and alternative energy. I believe he had the first business in Florida that had solar panels. He also had an electric car from way back in the day.

8. Likes Skeezmour liked this post
    teddillard
    I find it rather funny that they are trying to get us to BUY their rules package.
    Please tell me that's not the rules that were developed using the TTXGP wiki... that would be, from what I understand, a crowd-sourced package? That would be way too sleazy.

Thanks, I'd love to hear more of what Art has to say...

Post Thanks / Like
    I find it rather funny that they are trying to get us to BUY their rules package. I think that says everything right there. There is no need to BUY a rules package from a promotional company that is no longer going to be promoting a series in our country. The majority of the racers in the current series, know more about racing and rules needs than the promotional company ever will. The rules and procedures that they are trying to force on us are doing nothing but helping to destroy the series.

Just what rules are you referring are up for grabs and in what way are they trying to get you to buy the rights to host the series?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ted, I agree completely. I'll see if Art will come over here as well. I know he is on FB, but don't know how much time he spends on forums.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, read the post I was responding to. That type of info has been going around a lot for the last year or so.

teddillard
    Thank you sir! I found a little bio about him here: http://akr1.com/ttxgp.html

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast