Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: New guy saying Hi

Post Thanks / Like

New guy saying Hi

Ok so I'm tired of seeing the gas card statement keep climbing. I'd love to go buy a Zero DS but don't have $15k just laying around. I have the mechanical, fabrication, and electrical skill to build just about anything. I have a source for donor bikes that gives me several options. My goal is to commute to and from work 22mi each way on freeways with a couple of hills. So 80mph capable and cruise mostly 65-70 with a 50 mi range or 25mi and charge both ways. From what I've read around the forums its a doable project for around $6k. I would like to do a build that is tried and true so I'm not wasting a bunch of time and money experimenting. I looked at some of the builds and like what I see. I just haven't found the right one for me yet any guidance would be appreciated.

2. Likes Spaceweasel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard.

I feel that same in regards of 'experimenting'. Once I build my first bike, the wife is not likely to let me make a second. Haven't told her how much it could end up costing. Otherwise she might put the mockers on it.

Some have said that "you don't get your first battery pack right". I have all intention of getting mine right, because there won't be any opportunity to be mucking around. I don't want to have the engineer go over the bike too many times.

Enjoy! Glad you have good sources for your stuff.
    Last edited by EV_Scoot; 26 November 2013 at 0229.

4. Likes Spaceweasel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Cobraguy,

Grab your favorite snack and drink and check out Farfle's builds. With the current build brewing looks like it will be a contender in the racing field.

Tony

Los Angeles

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to El Moto
    The Greatest thing about a EV, is the Song of the Terrain...

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard!