Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terry trying 250 miles on a single charge

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Athlon on Linkedin

Terry trying 250 miles on a single charge

right now he is trying to make it , the base bike is a Zero but with much more batteries , many charger and improved aerodinamics

FB page
    https://www.facebook.com/ElectricTerry?fref=nf

wiki page
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Hershner

real time position of the 250 miles try
    http://glympse.com/088F-SZ71

Post Thanks / Like
    It should be easy, as long as he actually keeps it down to the 65-75 mph as he planned. At that speed he is averaging about 85 Wh/mi. It appears Zero lets him pull 88% out of his 27 kWh pack. That should get him 279.5 miles. I suspect on the secondary roads I drive my car on, at 40-50 mph, he could do 300 miles easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand why the hell anybody lives in California. I first visited 42 years ago, and thought it was way too crowded then. It hasn't improved. Every trip Terry does is loaded with shots of traffic jams and wrecks. I guess if you don't need to drink water...but who wants to shower in beer? Move to Virginia. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand why the hell anybody lives in California. I first visited 42 years ago, and thought it was way too crowded then. It hasn't improved. Every trip Terry does is loaded with shots of traffic jams and wrecks. I guess if you don't need to drink water...but who wants to shower in beer? Move to Virginia. :-)
    We live here because we love to pay lots of taxes and have our state government tell us how to live our lives. We also like crumbling infrastructure and potholed roads. Come join us.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like weather, and perhaps enlightenment, kept him closer to 65 mph average for about 79-80 Wh/mile, and 300 miles.

Glad he went the whole way this time. I don't know if I could stand him dragging it out for yet another run. :-)

6. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    The weed is really good.

Edit: Just kidding, not really. Don't ban me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, hope he can do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Terry traveled 300 miles on a single charge: http://insideevs.com/electric-terry-...on-one-charge/
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    Terry traveled 300 miles on a single charge: http://insideevs.com/electric-terry-...on-one-charge/
    Wow that's crazy! Wish you could buy a bike with that type of range.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anybody tell me what Zero is charging for their 3 kWh packs now? Let's assume they match Musk's claimed 7 kWh of power cells for $3K. That would mean $11,571 for the 27 kWh pack alone. Throw in the rest of the bike for $15K? How many will buy a motorcycle for $26.5K? Even if it was an enclosed trike that most commuters could get by perfectly well with, how many would actually buy one, given no government incentives for anything short of a standard car?

If governments were serious about dealing with climate change, they would offer $10K cash for purchasing such a vehicle...provided you turned in you car for crushing.
    Last edited by Warren; 09 May 2015 at 0900.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast