Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well f***. I dropped it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Random question. Is this type of fall (front washing out on sand in a turn) that having ABS could have prevented/helped with?
    EVs: 2007 Zapino Scooter, Honda VF500 Conversion (electriceptor.wordpress.com), Red Nissan LEAF SL (Arrived!)

Post Thanks / Like
    A wash out, to the side? No. ABS will only help keep your wheels spinning while you're on the brakes.

If you had fallen because you grabbed a handful of front brake on sand, it could have possibly helped.

Sent from the Future via Google Skynet

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PFox84 View Post
    A wash out, to the side? No. ABS will only help keep your wheels spinning while you're on the brakes.

If you had fallen because you grabbed a handful of front brake on sand, it could have possibly helped.
    Yeah, that's what I did. i was slowing using the front brake from around 20mph. At the time I started making the right turn (on the sand) I bit it I was going 9.6mph.
    EVs: 2007 Zapino Scooter, Honda VF500 Conversion (electriceptor.wordpress.com), Red Nissan LEAF SL (Arrived!)

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    Get a dirtbike to ride for the fun of it and I guarantee the experience you'll get will make you a better street rider. Sliding around turns in the mud and sand helps immensely when you lose traction on the pavement. I've been riding both street and dirt for 37 years...just my 2 cents.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.4
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 to the dirt bike advise.

I had a green Mustang swerve head on into my lane in a area where you NEVER pass anyone (School zone). I grabbed the front brake, it locked up and the front end of the bike started to turn to the right, (the bike kept straight) but I knew enough to get it all not to not dump because of dirt bike old back roads experience.

All of that was happen while the wife was on the back... it happens so fast....

The Mustang went back into their lane we kept on swearing all the way to the store.

EV Ed
    Never let being a responsible adult get in the way of passion and curiosity.
    Motenergy.com
    Ev album 2456, 2458, 2457, 2681, 3456, 3630, 5511, 5512

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12