Hi Flo,
    did you find this:
    https://fasterbikes.eu/de/zubehoer/g...t-ganzem-griff
    Gruß
    Kimi

Gesendet von meinem FP3 mit Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kimi,
    yes i already found them - but i actually try to find the hall effect throttle tomaselli is selling.
    Guess i just have to order that one, its a good and trusted product so can`t go wrong with it.
    Thanks anyway.
    Flo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flo View Post
    Hi Heska
    not sure i understand your question.
    You need to know the dimensions of my nissan leaf gen4 cells?

@Stevo
    Belt was first choice, of course. Even of the same supplier as the chain/tapper bush setup, as they have a belt calculator availible on their site.
    Outcome:
    50mm wide belt, giving only 108% so only 8 % safety at 32jkw. Using that i would have run into quite some clearance issues too, more expensive by quite a bit,
    your normal tensioners would not have fit into the setup for the chain being so short ...
    have a look:

Flo
    Attachment 8559
    The Gates company (and others, now that their patent is off) have a line of Poly Chain Carbon belts and sprockets that are much narrower than the older timing belts for the same power transmission. Older Zero bikes(maybe newer ones?) used a final drive belt that was only 14mm wide.

They are still expensive. What I usually do is set-up the drive with the cheaper (metal) chain drive to find the best ratio, then switch to the much nicer to work with and run belt drive closest to that ratio.

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    I'm interested in converting.... but you're using a jackshaft, right? Do you have any links with prices that we can check out? Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.4
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Electro Flyers View Post
    The Gates company (and others, now that their patent is off) have a line of Poly Chain Carbon belts and sprockets that are much narrower than the older timing belts for the same power transmission. Older Zero bikes(maybe newer ones?) used a final drive belt that was only 14mm wide.

They are still expensive. What I usually do is set-up the drive with the cheaper (metal) chain drive to find the best ratio, then switch to the much nicer to work with and run belt drive closest to that ratio.
    The 14mm wide Gates belt on my 2012 and 2014 Zero S cost $80 one year and then went up to $120 a couple of years later. I bought a spare 17mm wide Gates belt for my 2018 Zero S two years ago and that cost $140 from my Zero dealer. The discontinued BMW F800GT uses a much wider belt and the word is that will set you back $450, plus another $200 for installation. I think I heard that it is not a Gates belt but a Continental-brand item.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

6. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Electro Flyers View Post

Hi,
    yes that is all good and valid for your normal drive set up.
    Using the belt calculator of Mädler.de i found that once you are using smaller sprockets overall and having higher revs on the belt itself , then the calculator gives you much lower values per width.

So if your motor turns say 5000 and you have 5`: 1 gearing , first off your belt has less speed and the torque is transmitted via a much bigger gear to your wheel (force times lever). That is completely different to a say 1: 1,5 gearing where the belt would still rev with 4000 rpm itself on a small set of gears...

Greets

Flo

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be interesting for you to run through the calculations you have used to figure this out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    well i haven`t gone through the calculations myself. But what i did is to run umpteen scenarios through the Beltcalculator on the mfg`s site. www.mädler.de for those interested. This of course only shows their product but other sources didn`t show any data at all.
    Maybe the aforementioned belts being different or stronger or whatnot but without confirmation i personally wont use them, Appart from the fact that i now already have bought all chain setup and milled up all parts.
    Its always good though to throw in new ideas.. so maybe next time

Greets

Flo

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    Belts would be awesome for maintenance freedom and reduce weight, but only if they are stronger than a chain.
    I'm wondering if some company is creating a graphene carbon belt in the works.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.4
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flo View Post
    Hi
    well i haven`t gone through the calculations myself. But what i did is to run umpteen scenarios through the Beltcalculator on the mfg`s site. www.mädler.de for those interested. This of course only shows their product but other sources didn`t show any data at all.
    Maybe the aforementioned belts being different or stronger or whatnot but without confirmation i personally wont use them, Appart from the fact that i now already have bought all chain setup and milled up all parts.
    Its always good though to throw in new ideas.. so maybe next time

Greets

Flo
    Thank you for the belt/sprocket supplier reference. In a rough, quick comparison it appears the Gates Poly Chain GT Carbon belt/sprocket system(and its new clones?) has 1.5-2 X the power transmission capacity of the systems you referenced. These would be, from what I could see, the traditional trapezoidal tooth and the lighter duty HTD systems. If your roller chain system does not work out, flings too much oil, gets really noisy, and turns blue from the heat(I've seen this happen!) try this Gates system. It can be quite noisy in some drives and need a sound cover; and quite expensive.

For the novice, to find the Gates parts, it's probably best to go through a supplier like flo has done.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast