Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello and....Hi Folks, New to the forum, planning to convert a 77 Triumph Tiger to

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and....Hi Folks, New to the forum, planning to convert a 77 Triumph Tiger to

Hi Folks,

New to the forum, Happy holidays! I live in Atlanta GA and am planning E-conversion on a 77 Triumph Tiger. Biggest decision at the moment is whether or not to go with a Hub Motor. Enertrac has a 10Kw hub motor that will get me close to 50MPH which is about all I am looking for. I am a bit concerned about axle diameter and being able to bolt the rear disc to the new hub/wheel assembly but it seems like a far simpler solution for a first time build. Would love to hear any thoughts on the Hub motor option from the forum. Going with a hub also gives me all sorts of extra room for more batteries! Nice to meet you all!

B

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdy,

You're pretty much on the money with regard to the hub motor alright.
    They're pretty much ideal for lower speed applications where the unsprung mass is less of a concern, and there are plenty of examples of folks using them on here so no shortage of reference projects for you.

Welcome aboard!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Spoonman. I think Enertrac will even lace up the motor and wheel for me (same size as the triumph stock wheel diameter)

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried to contact them? I tried a few times 6 months ago and got no response, also no response from a vendor. QS motor / saiecosys on aliexpress also make high power hub motors (not thru-bolt though)