Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Safety in Moto e racing

Post Thanks / Like

Safety in Moto e racing

What safety measures are in place for Moto e racing as there is a lack of engine noise? I've heard there are spotters perhaps around the track?

The talk of e bikes entering motocross racing is a hot topic, and one of the concerns is the lack of engine noise. I'm trying to understand the arguement how there is a road racing series for e bikes, but for mx it won't work? Most purists just reject e bikes, but I'm looking for valid reasons an e bike racing scene can't exist in motocross?

Thanks in advance

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    Alta was set to start kickin some serious ass so they may have had to squash it. Harley Davidson took them out permanently!
    Its just a temporary set back for electric motocross and electric dirtbikes. Next gen batteries will usher in a whole new era.
    I see lack of noise as a good thing for offroaders.... it gets the environmentalists less to complain about, just my 2 satoshis ofcourse!
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.4
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

3. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Steveo. Lack of noise is a great thing for e bikes for lots of reasons. I'm curious if road racing use spotters around the track since riders can't hear other bikes?
    Last edited by Tricky; 1 Week Ago at 1108.

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    They have the same corner flaggers as they always have as far as I know. Its track requirements.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.4
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    There were no special requirements for the TTXGP. The best part of watching the races at VIR in 2010 was the lack of noise. The corner guy I talked to said he had never heard knee pads scrapping the pavement before that day. And riders said they could here the commentator.

7. Likes Stevo liked this post