Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  2
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: My '85 Honda VF500F Interceptor conversion: Electriceptor

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeReal View Post
    Yeah, I have been too used to auto save and auto recovery.... Which paint doesn't have.... Just means I get to make it even better.... Yay.
    Not to get too off track, but I'm trying out OpenOffice Draw. It seems an easy enough tool to use, though I admit it's really easy since I have a Windows tablet with stylus, so it's super natural to draw things out. Nothing like busting out a straight edge to draw on a tablet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, here's the story-

I was using your V1.0 Diagram and Kelly's HPM diagram to reconfigure my AXE diagram. Everything was going really well, until I realized I had not saved the png file (I was using paint, cause I don't know how to make wiring diagrams...) and the paint program crashed and I lost every single change I made....
    Awesome.

But that being said, your diagram really helped with redesigning mine for the kelly. Thanks!
    Bummer! But i'm glad I was able to help.

BTW, I used OmniGraffle for Mac to make the diagram (similar to Microsoft Vizio for Windows), so if you have access to it, you might be able to do the same.
    EVs: 2007 Zapino Scooter, Honda VF500 Conversion (electriceptor.wordpress.com), Red Nissan LEAF SL (Arrived!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Perfect, was going to ask if there was something for a Mac.

Btw, the amp meter, you used a Kelly, in this diagram, have you tried a different amp meter. I was hoping to use a digital. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Perfect, was going to ask if there was something for a Mac.

Btw, the amp meter, you used a Kelly, in this diagram, have you tried a different amp meter. I was hoping to use a digital. Any ideas?
    First off, the latest version of that diagram can be found here:

Secondly, I never used the Kelly Amp meter. I built a data logger based on an arduino Mega2560 that has GPS and could read data from the Kelly KLB (and then the Sevcon, and now the Kelly KLS). The kellys don't give you Battery current, so I got a hall sensor (a Honeywell CSLA2DK) and built the code in the logger to read the battery side current from that hall sensor. One drawback if you're looking for super simple is that this hall sensor needs a display (but since I was writing my own datalogger/display, that wans't a problem for me).
    EVs: 2007 Zapino Scooter, Honda VF500 Conversion (electriceptor.wordpress.com), Red Nissan LEAF SL (Arrived!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quick question: what gauge wire does the Enertrac use for its phases?

I'm doing harness schematic wiring to do a BOM for the bike build.

Sent from the Future via Google Skynet

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PFox84 View Post
    Quick question: what gauge wire does the Enertrac use for its phases?
    It's metric I think, but it's close to 6 or 8 gauge. Well, mine is at least. I'm not sure if that's changed in the last couple of years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. I'll try contacting them, I'm trying to make stuff easy to disassemble, scoping out connectors.

Sent from the Future via Google Skynet

Post Thanks / Like
    @__Tango what kind of vinyl cutter do you have? Would you recommend it?

I've been looking for a vinyl cutter for a while now. Still I haven't made my mind up.

The net is filled with over hyped product reviews. This is why I didn't make a choice
    just yet. Like it's all about how good it is and there's no negatives I can't believe that.

By dumb luck I came across a blog that seems to be legit. I mean the words used there
    are harsh and brands get bashed a lot. For example from this list which vinyl cutter
    would you recommend?

Any pointers or help will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, I don't remember what type it was. I used whatever was available at the TechShop (RIP) back at the time. Though, it was a bit larger and more industrial than the home machines like the cricut. That's not to say the home machines aren't capable machines themselves, just that the machine I used was somewhat different. Also unfortunately, I haven't used one in years, so I don't know what's available these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    @IsaacW: actually, I found a picture of the cutter I used: http://mariecameronstudio.com/blog/s...-the-techshop/. It was a US Cutter MH1351, at least 34", maybe 50".

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718